Web access to new rules

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

If the Retrieving Trial rules were published on the web, would you still buy a copy of the printed rule book?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes : 25

Web access to new rules

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 18 Jan 2005 2:27 pm

I understand that the ANKC has prepared an electronic pdf version of the 2005 rules but this document will not be posted on the web because the ANKC member bodies feel that this would compromise sales of the printed rule books.

Are their fears accurate? Vote in the poll!

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Gareth Tawton » Tue 18 Jan 2005 3:19 pm

Jason,

At the end of the day any protest or reference to the rules would need to be from an "official rule book" not a home printed copy which can be easily modified. Therefore all clubs judges and protesters would need an "official" copy.

Regards,

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

New rules book

Postby Jean Bird » Tue 18 Jan 2005 11:08 pm

I prefer a printed booklet copy as it is easier to refer to than a large A4 sheet of paper.
Jean Bird
Jean Bird

Re: Web access to new rules

Postby Alan Donovan » Thu 20 Jan 2005 9:30 am

Jason Ferris wrote:.......this document will not be posted on the web because the ANKC member bodies feel that this would compromise sales of the printed rule books.

Hi Jason - who are these "ANKC member bodies"? I am on the Qld RAFT, and we have not been asked for our opinion. When was the vote on this issue? Sounds like a furphy to me.

Cheers - Alan
Alan Donovan

Re: Web access to new rules

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 21 Jan 2005 9:44 am

Alan Donovan wrote:Hi Jason - who are these "ANKC member bodies"? I am on the Qld RAFT, and we have not been asked for our opinion. When was the vote on this issue? Sounds like a furphy to me.

Cheers - Alan

Hi Alan

I can only assume the ANKC consultation with the State and Territory member bodies was done as a broader consultation on all web access to rules, rather than on the RT rules specifically.

I did notice, however, that the ANKC rules for Tracking, Endurance and Herding are on the RNSWCC site at http://www.rnswcc.org.au/ankc.html which could be a useful precedent in arguing for web access to the RT rules.

Cheers, jf.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 07 Mar 2005 10:53 am

Those of you who are waiting to buy a printed copy of the rules may be interested in the lastest news from the ANKC (paraphrasing an email from Tracey Barry)...

Apparently there have been some issues with staff changes and quality control at the printer, but the rule books are now being printed as a priority. The ANKC are hoping to have stocks within the next couple of weeks. A notice will be sent to all State Offices once the ANKC receive the stock.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 09 May 2005 2:22 pm

Hi all

It seems the rule books have been printed at last and are becoming available from State ANKC member bodies.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to General