ANKC Field and Retrieving Hall of Fame

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

ANKC Field and Retrieving Hall of Fame

Postby Gareth Tawton » Tue 18 Jan 2005 3:21 pm

Does everyone realise that nominations for the 2005 inductions into the ANKC Field and Retrieving Hall of Fame close on March 31 with the various state bodies. This includes inductions for both man and beast so to speak.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Alan Donovan » Thu 17 Feb 2005 3:59 pm

Hi Gareth - I have forgotten the "Hall of Fame" criteria. Where are they available?

Is it the dog or is it the handler that have to be "pushing up the daisies" prior to nomination?

Or does it just help to get them over the line if they are no longer with us?

I was thinking of putting your name up, but if you have to snuff it before you are eligible, you'd probably prefer that I wait for a year or 2...........

Cheers - Alan
Alan Donovan

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 17 Feb 2005 7:23 pm

Alan,

I only saw an advert in the last ACTCA journal. I think both man/women can be kicking but the beast needs to be pushing up daisies. Is numnuts still kicking around? I would love to see his name up in lights along with a list of personal highlites? As for me well thanks for the thought :?: But I hope to keep the daisies at bay for a while.

On a more serious note check the ANKC website for current inductees. It might also have a list of prerequisites. I think the review panel is something like Kevin Walshaw (Chair) Paul Littlejohn, Bob Atkinson, John Carter with Marie Ewan and Marg Wedgewood Lodder as reserves. Thats a nice team isn't it? I can't figure out yet what a resevre does!!! The panel was ment to change every three years but this team has been on since 2000 so perhaps one of them could clarify for you.

Gareth

PS : the ANKC website is an interesting read its a shame a better list of inducted dogs achievements isn't listed. Another one day job for some one perhaps.
Gareth Tawton

Postby Alan Donovan » Sat 19 Feb 2005 1:38 pm

Hi Gareth

You'll be pleased to hear old Numnuts will be starting his 12th season of competion next weekend. He's still very keen, and in with a chance of an All Age win (if he listens).

For those who don't know of him - his more formal name is Rt Ch Alverpoint Taxi. One of the (very) few Rt Ch GSP's in Australia.

On the Hall of Fame issue - I was thinking of proposing a "Hall of Infamy" for those of us not likely to make it to the other one. Any one (apart from me) that you can think of that belong there? Maybe you could qualify for both, and really have your name up in lights! I will work on the eligibility criteria, and run it past our RAFT committee. I'm sure it will have universal support.

Cheers - Alan
Alan Donovan

Postby Gareth Tawton » Sat 19 Feb 2005 2:02 pm

Alan,

Count me in. Infamy sounds right up my ally!!!!!! Sorry, I think, to hear about numnuts we will have to wait until the daisies have sprouted. Best of luck in this years trialling season. If experiance gets you somewhere then you are in for a chance for sure.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 15 Jul 2005 8:21 pm

I received the lastest ACT Canine Association Journal today and read that the following dogs were inducted into the Field and Retrieving Trial Hall of Fame:

Labrador Retriever
Nat RT CH COBARGO CAPTAIN CDX, CM
Owned by: Mr J Christensen

Labrador Retriever
RT CH SHANSTAR CASSIE CM
Owned by: Mr S Hall & Mrs M Hall

Congratulations to Jake, Steve and Margaret on this achievement.

For a full list of the Hall of Fame Prominent People and Distinguished Dogs, goto the Hall of Fame page on the ANKC website.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Gareth Tawton » Mon 18 Jul 2005 5:12 pm

Congrats to both the Halls and Christensens. Good to see some great dogs recognised.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Return to General