NSW RAFT Committee

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

NSW RAFT Committee

Postby Ray Temple » Fri 09 Feb 2018 2:03 pm

Some people have asked me what do the NSW RAFT Committee do and what their involvement is in retrieving, so I thought I would put together a quick list on what the NSW RAFT Committee will be doing in 2018.

Conduct a Retrieving Ability Test for Gundogs Judges training scheme.
Conduct a Retrieving Trials for Gundogs judges training scheme.
Representation at the NSW RAFT rule review for the Retrieving Ability Test for Gundogs.
Conduct a public meeting to discuss the proposed changes to the Retrieving Ability Test for Gundogs rules.
Representation at the National RAFT rule review for the Retrieving Ability Test for Gundogs.
Conduct a public meeting to discuss any proposed NSW changes to the Retrieving Trials for Gundogs rules.
Request & receive submissions for the Retrieving Trials for Gundogs Rule review.
Representation at the NSW RAFT rule review of the Retrieving Trials for Gundogs.
Representation at the National RAFT rule review for the Retrieving Trials for Gundogs.
Attend monthly meetings to receive & review Trial date applications, DogsNSW Board of Directors requests, any members requests, etc.

On a personal note, members of the NSW RAFT Committee have put the word out to attract new RATG & RT judges with little result so far. I think that we are all well aware of the difficulty that the trialling clubs are having in obtaining judges. I would suggest that all competitors (RATG & RT) consider undergoing judges training. The future of our sport depends on it.

Ray Temple
Ray Temple

Re: NSW RAFT Committee

Postby Peter Butterfield » Fri 09 Feb 2018 4:49 pm

Thanks Ray. Good to know.
Peter Butterfield
Board Admin

Return to General