Advice Required re "Qualifying" titles proceedure

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Advice Required re "Qualifying" titles proceedure

Postby Ron Jackson » Mon 02 Apr 2018 6:29 am

106. (a) The title of Qualifying Novice Dog (QND) may be awarded to any dog that has completed five
(5) Novice Stakes to the Judge’s satisfaction, (and awarded by at least two different judges) having
shown that they are steady to shot, under reasonable control and not “hard-mouthed” nor gun shy. The
records required to apply for a Qualifying Novice Dog title are the responsibility of the owner/handler.
The title of Qualifying Novice Dog is not retrospective and can only be awarded on basis of results
obtained from 1 January 2010.

Would someone kindly enlighten me on the 'process' regarding the above, either here, or to my personal email : cjandlucy@gmail.com
EG a dog completes a Novice (or any stake), and then what happens, simply the who, what, how.
Thank You in advance.
Cathie.
Ron Jackson

Re: Advice Required re "Qualifying" titles proceedure

Postby Ron Jackson » Mon 02 Apr 2018 10:09 am

I think I have traced it down thanks to the Dogs Vic web site. Cheers.
Ron Jackson

Postby Trevor Stevens » Mon 09 Apr 2018 7:32 pm

Hi Ron
Not sure what you found out but some competitors (and clubs) don’t understand that the QC (qualifying certificate) is awarded only once - the first time that a dog successfully completes a Novice stake. It is not a title. The QND title is awarded after completing 5 Novice stakes. Progress towards the QND is recorded on a QND card which should be available to download from State websites
Some clubs incorrectly issue QC’s to mark progress towards the QND title.
Cheers
Trevor Stevens
Trevor Stevens

Postby Ron Jackson » Mon 09 Apr 2018 8:50 pm

Yes, thanks Trevor, that's the problem that has emerged here too. People asking for QC's when completing a stake. Sorted now and our clubs have been advised and referred to the appropriate rule. We found the downloadable form on the Dogs Vic site, not Qld.
cheers.
Ron Jackson

Return to General