Hello from the USA.

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Hello from the USA.

Postby FOM - Lainee » Tue 15 Mar 2005 2:18 am

A quick introduction:

Been into retrievers since 1998 with my first lab - a black male. We have gotten his : HR, WR, SR, JH, SH, and CD titles. I run pretty much all the hunting retriever organizations tests in the USA. NAHRA, HRC/UKC, AKC and just getting into NFRA. We need 1 more pass for his MHR, 2 for his HRCH and we have yet to run any Master tests, but will this year.

My second pup is with a Pro getting basics training and I plan to run him in FTs. He will be my first attempt at playing with the "big boys." Our first Derby is the first week on May. Bullet is out of FC/AFC RSK's Smooth Sailing (Cruise) and a SH bitch. Solid breeding with the potential to be a player or at least I hope so!

I also hunt as much as I can and I'd rather hunt than run a test/trial. I hunt waterfowl, upland and big game.

I look forward to reading and learning your game....

BTW FOM stands for Flash of Mischief.

Lainee, Flash and Bullet
FOM - Lainee

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 15 Mar 2005 7:38 am

Hi Lainee good to have people from USA on our Forum. Just wondering if you would like to explain to people here what all those initials mean! Think most of us are familiar with your field Trials but that is about it. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby FOM - Lainee » Tue 15 Mar 2005 8:31 am

Prue,

I'm sorry. I was thinking the same when I was reading the forum - holy cow what a lot of acrnoyms!

Let's see -

NAHRA is North American Hunting Retriever Association - Titles:
GMHR - Grand Master Hunter 300+ points in NAHRA tests after MHR title
MHR - Master Hunting Retriever - land triple, water triple, land blind, water blind, trail, quarter with sit to flush
WR - Working Retriever - land double, water double, trail, quartering and water blind)
SR - Started Retriever - 5 singles

AKC HTs:
MH - Master Hunter - land triple, water triple, land blind, water blind, honor and sometimes a walk-up
SH - Senior Hunter - land double, water double, land blind, water blind and normally a walk-up and honor
JH - Junior Hunter - 4 singles, delivery to hand

HRC/UKC HTs:
GRHRCH - Grand Hunting Retriever Champion - 300+ points after HRCH and 2 grand passes
HRCH - Hunting Retriever Champion - land triple, water triple, land blind, water blind, honor
HR - Hunting Retriever - land double, water double, land blind, water blind, walk-up and diversion
SHR - Started Hunting Retriever - 4 singles

Hope that helps....

FOM
FOM - Lainee

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 15 Mar 2005 7:19 pm

Welcome Lainee. Great to have another familar person from RTF visiting!

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Fri 18 Mar 2005 10:07 am

FOM,

You must have cabin fever by now. Glad to see you visiting us downunder.

Been a terrible week for the Cramonds. I have rope burned hands, a sick puppy, I drove over one of my bumper boys, one of our labs ripped her dew claw just before leaving with Andrew to go to opening weekend, my mum has cellulitis and thrombosis in her legs (secondary to her chemotherapy treatments).

On a good note Andrew is looking forward in trying his new US decoys. He has been painting them to be coloured as our Australian ducks. He also packed the strangest other looking gadgets too. His group of five adults also have 4 children hunting with them. The weather is apparently supposed to be not too hot this weekend, so they should have a great time.
Julie Cramond

Postby Greg Cress » Wed 06 Apr 2005 2:35 pm

L. - hope you don't mind I share a few photos of you and Flash Of Mischief from Southern Colorado last weekend.

http://www.glenrobinsonphotography.com/ ... tartcnt=72

I've been lurking on this site but haven't gotten up the courage to post until I saw your post.

Greg Cress

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 06 Apr 2005 2:37 pm

Alamosa wrote:I've been lurking on this site but haven't gotten up the courage to post until I saw your post.

Welcome aboard Alamosa. I think you will find us friendly.
I just had a quick look at your website. Is that a retrieving blue heeler?

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Howard » Wed 06 Apr 2005 3:56 pm

Is that a retrieving blue heeler?

....and howcome you gave him a black eye for some of those pix??? :P
Howard Niemi

Enjoy the journey....the destination isn't all that it's cracked up to be! Rabbi 2003
Howard

Postby FOM - Lainee » Tue 12 Apr 2005 1:46 am

Howard wrote:
Is that a retrieving blue heeler?

....and howcome you gave him a black eye for some of those pix??? :P

Those are two different dogs....total nuts about retrieving...I know cause I couldn't ake a nap at the test cause they wanted to retrieve and alamosa was making them take turns! :wink:

FOM
FOM - Lainee

Return to General