Grand RtCh Acolon Prince of Cypher (aka Red)

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Grand RtCh Acolon Prince of Cypher (aka Red)

Postby Karl Britton » Fri 03 Aug 2018 9:46 pm

Grand RtCh Acolon Prince of Cypher aka Red

A very quick notice to you all, seeing that I’ve had a few enquiries over the last 24 hours about Red. Firstly Red is fine, he has not been running well now for around six weeks. He has been diagnosed with a stifle ligament strain, partial tear, severe bruising on the inside of his leg and some vertebrae’s been out of line.

Rather than risk it developing into a full-blown rupture and requiring surgery I have retired him immediately from competition. He is currently undergoing treatment, convalescing at home and seems a lot more comfortable.

Red has been a magnificent dog and has had tremendous success in a relatively short career, as I was ill for over a year. The measure of the guy to bounce back after a year off and still achieve a double set of Grand Retriever points two National places and multiple State Championships titles is a testimony to the quality of the dog in effectively only a four year All Age career. Even more so what is impressive was his ability to come from behind in a trial and do something really spectacular. A great all round All Age dog with no weakness.

I have written his bio and achievements, which I will submit, in due course for consideration to the ANKC dog hall of fame. Red will now start his second career as Lesley and Jade’s pet, something he has often done when I have not been there and I know he will not need much encouragement to remain at home in front of the fire.

Thanks again for all your concern.

Karl
Karl Britton

Return to General