triple marks

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

triple marks

Postby Peter Betteridge » Sun 01 May 2005 5:56 pm

In 2005 I have partcipated in 3 trials and I very pleasantly surprised to find 2 trials that offered a triple mark.With the lack of help nowdays I was beginning to think that triple marks were a thing of the past.Both these trials were amongst the best I have ever competed in and both were put on by high profile experienced judges.In my opinion the triple mark is the best run we have.It represents 30% handling and controlability skill and 70% natural ability.In other words a dog with outstanding natural ability can successfully compete with a dog that is varstly superior in its training.One of the triple marks was put on with only 2 helpers and yet it retained all the elements of a triple put on with unlimited help.Congratulations to both judges on 2 great trials with 2 demanding chanel swims and no double falls or double rises and only one 2 bird which came as close to working as any 2 bird could.I for one enjoyed not being put behind a tree and getting to tackle challenging runs as a team.It was great to see the NSW lab club "s last trial so well attended,friendly,easy going and well organized. Great to see some new triallers emerging as well
Peter Betteridge

Return to General