Grand Champion Gallery

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Grand Champion Gallery

Postby Jason Ferris » Sun 01 May 2005 6:48 pm

Congratulations to the first two Grand Retrieving Trial Champions - Noel and Kate Eltringham's 'Tike' and Robert and Pam Tawton's 'King'.

I think it would be great to have a picture gallery on this site for these and future Grand Champions. Noel and Bob can you both email me a pic to get it started?

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 02 May 2005 9:21 am

Congratulations Robert, Pam and King - this must warrant two bottles of bubbly!
Prue Winkfield

Postby Gareth Tawton » Tue 03 May 2005 7:21 am

Congrats to both Noel and Dad. What a fantastic effort for both you and your dogs. I know how much time and effort goes into having a dog so competitive over such a long period. Well done to you both. They should both now retire on a high :wink: Infact maybe you guys should as well :!:

Jason, great idea I hope we can get a couple of pics of each dog and handler.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 03 May 2005 10:05 am

Here is a great photo of Noel and Tike which Kate sent through to me - thanks Kate.

What information would people like to see about the Grand RTCH's? I was thinking I would include the usual profile - registered name, trainer/handler, owner, date of birth, sex, sire, dam. Are people interested in more info? If so what?

I was thinking that these photos and info would sit on a Grand RTCH page on the main http://www.australianworkingretrievercentral.org.au site rather than on the bulletin board where they might get lost. Does this work for everyone?

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Grand Champion gallery

Postby Lynne Strang » Tue 03 May 2005 1:16 pm

Congratulations to Bob ,Pam and King. Its wonderful to be able to acknowledge handlers and dogs that have reached such a high standard.
Well done! Being in W.A. I have only seen King work a few times here and at and at nationals and he was awsome!.
Lynne strang
Lynne Strang

Postby Leanne O'Sullivan » Wed 04 May 2005 11:46 am

Well done Bob, Pam and, of course, King. A well deserved result.

Leanne
Leanne O'Sullivan

Postby Joe Law » Wed 04 May 2005 8:50 pm

Jason, In response to your suggestion of a Grand RTCH page on the main site here are my immediate thoughts. It appears to me that the usual situation in any given era is that a small number of dogs tend to dominate the scene in each State. The Grand RTCH award and title is indeed something very special and gives the handler/owners as well as the breeders of these dogs worthy recognition. I think the suggestion of a picture gallery of Grand Champions is a good one along with what you refer to as the usual profile. My personal feeling is that more info than that would be unnecessary as the title speaks for itself and should be left to do just that.
Joe Law

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 05 May 2005 10:16 am

Thanks Joe for confirming I was on the right track.

Here is a nice photo of King with his owners and Trevor Lodder. Thanks to Bob for sending it through. I will put the Grand RTCh page together in the next few weeks when I get a chance.

Cheers, Jason.

Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to General