State Pages

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

State Pages

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 04 Jul 2005 11:56 am

I've noticed that three of the State pages, accessed on the homepage, have become almost obsolete, having their last entry around May 2004.

I still think it would be useful if results, trial schedules etc. were placed on individual state pages, as well as the bulletin board, as looking up total results over several years can be accessed so readily by going to a state, rather than wading through countless postings in the "trials & schedules"

I find I can always put a little more information and newsy bits on the state page, making it informative for local people unable to attend, and for the general retrieving folk who may read it.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 04 Jul 2005 1:16 pm

Hi Kerry

Thanks for raising this issue. I agree that some of the State pages are now not being used and that we need to consider what to do with them in the future.

The problem as I see it has been that you are one of only a few that have mastered the art of posting to the state pages. The bulletin board is on the other hand accessible to all registered users and has better tracking of new posts.

I have been trying to overcome the problem of wading through countless postings in the "trials & schedules" forum by keeping an up to date index as a "sticky" at the top of this forum. This index post has links to schedules, results and all other posts relating to all trials in a given year.

I know that Noel has just removed a number of older posts from the Victorian pages and is intending copying across the information from Victorian 2005 trials. Perhaps this is a good way to go for the other states?

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 06 Jul 2005 1:37 pm

I'm a great believer in the state pages.I think it is a great shame that most states haven't kept up to date.
Perhaps the solution is for jason to move posts across to the state pages as they are posted on the bulletin board. Maybe the posts that are deleted from the state pages could then be archived on the articles and archives page.that was the original function of that page in the first place.We need a repository for all the old results and the articles
Peter Betteridge

Return to General