Vale RT Ch Coalsgarth Nina

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Vale RT Ch Coalsgarth Nina

Postby Joe Law » Wed 20 Jul 2005 11:59 am

So sad to learn this morning of the passing of Jill (RT Ch Coalsgarth Nina). Jill had been doing poorly of late and had been receiving veterinary attention for a kidney infection. After returning home last Sunday after a judging appointment at Marulan, Jack and Christine were so concerned about Jill's continuing poor condition that they arranged for her to be admitted that night to veterinary care where she remained until she passed away on Wednesday.

Jack and Jill had been a familiar and formidable team at retrieving trials in NSW and throughout Australia for many years until Jill was retired at the end of the 2004 season.

During her trialling career, she had already gained sufficient championship points to qualify for the new title of Grand RT Champion but was unable to fulfil the condition of gaining 12 championship points after 1st Jan 2005 in order for that title to be awarded.

It has been my privilege to spend many hours training with "Jack and Jill" and also to spend many an evening in front of Jack's fire, drinking whisky and talking through the wonderful world of dogs, with our own dogs lying at our feet.

I certainly hope to be able to continue training with Jack as we both work on yet another generation of dogs and I'm sure Jill will be with us in spirit as we continue playing "fetch" games.

She won't be forgotten!
Joe Law

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Wed 20 Jul 2005 3:02 pm

My condolences to you both, Jack and Christine. Enjoy the memories...

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Allan Bartram » Wed 20 Jul 2005 3:08 pm

So sorry to hear the news about Jill a true champion retriever My condolences to Jack & Christine
Allan Bartram

Postby Maureen Cooper » Wed 20 Jul 2005 5:43 pm

I was deeply saddened to receive the phone call today from Jack. Jill was a very special Labrador to Christine, Jack and myself. Her father was Ch Gunnislake Modish Gent and her mother Arundaland Kirsty(Allie)NRD. Allie was sired by Birchstone Deacon(UK) ex Wishhanger Wallis. The Birchstone gundogs were based on the well known UK Drakeshead,Palgrave and Glencoin lines.

New to Australia, Jack asked me for a yellow bitch for trialling and out of the three yellow ones in the litter I chose Jill for him. As a very young puppy she had an intense desire to retrieve and she and Jack immediately bonded. Jill's first big placing came in the 1997 Queensland State Championship with second placing and she backed it up by also coming second in the 1997 National in Queensland thus gaining her Championship. Jill was only 2 yrs 6 months at the time.

Her list of State Championship accomplishments after this are as follows :

Second placings in 1997 ACT State, 2001and 2002 NSW State Championships as well as winning the NSW State in 1998, 1999 WA State,2000 SA State,2000 NSW State,2000 Tasmanian State. This gave her a total of 84 points.

In Nationals Jill came second in 1997, 4th in 2002 ACT National and 3rd in the 2003 Tasmanian National.

She had 27 All Age wins for 162 points and by retirement her points total was 252 making her the highest scoring Labrador Retriever bitch to amass such a total in Australia as far as we are aware. She would have been most deserving of her Grand Champion title had it been available to her.

Jill never forgot me and I was always greeted with a true Labrador smile and wagging tail whenever I saw her and her last smile for me was only a few weeks ago. Her constantly wagging tail in the field and strong bond with Jack will be remembered by all who knew her.

My sincere sympathy to Jack and Christine on their loss, she will live on in our hearts forever.

Vale Rt Ch Coalsgarth Nina 25.2.95 to 20.7.05
Maureen Cooper

Vale Jill

Postby Robert Tawton » Wed 20 Jul 2005 6:41 pm

Jack and Christine our thoughts are with you, like so many others we too have been down this road. Your loss today will be compensated by a miriade of wonderful memories that will last forever.
Sincerely,
Bob and Pam
Robert Tawton

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 20 Jul 2005 7:03 pm

On behalf of the working gundog club of NSW,I would like to pass on our deepest sympathy to Jack and Christine.Take great pride in all Jill managed to acheive and remember her as a truely great retriever
best wishes peter betteridge
Peter Betteridge

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 20 Jul 2005 8:09 pm

Jack and Christine,

Sorry to hear this sad news. Jill was one of the dominant dogs in the sport when I first started coming along to trials. It was a pleasure to watch her many successes throughout her career.

Warm regards, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Kerry Webster » Thu 21 Jul 2005 12:24 am

Dear Jack and Christine,

I am so saddened to hear of the passing of Jill. Such a wonderful girl, she will be missed. May her brilliance live on through Breeze.

Deepest sympathy to you both.

Kerry
Kerry Webster

Passing of Jill

Postby Bob Pickworth » Thu 21 Jul 2005 4:48 am

So Sorry to hear of Jill's passing. After spending so many, many hours sharing time in the bush (and water) together hunting, training and competing, the loss is considerable, but so are the pleasant memories of faithful service and loyalty. I remember Jill as an intensely loyal and willing worker, with drive and enthusiasm and always willing to please - so sorry she is no longer with you Jack and Chris. May "Breeze" and "Fern" cary on in her paw prints.
Bob Pickworth

Postby Graeme Parkinson » Thu 21 Jul 2005 11:50 am

Dear Jack and Christine

It is very sad to hear she has gone. Jill was one of the very good dogs, I had a lot of respect for her.

Our thoughts are with you

Graeme and Ann Maree
GraemeP
Graeme Parkinson

my condolences

Postby Susie Partridge » Thu 21 Jul 2005 6:26 pm

Dear Jack and Christine
I was so sorry to learn today that Jill had passed away. One of my enduring memories of "Jack and Jill" was Jill finishing the last run at Tassie's last State Championship, in her usual wonderful style.
My thought are with you.
Susie P
Susie Partridge

Postby Julie Cramond » Sat 23 Jul 2005 7:03 pm

Dear Jack and Christine,

Only last weekend you were talking of your concerns regarding Jill's health.

I am so sorry to hear of her passing.

Maureen a lovely tribute! As her breeder you must have been so proud of her successes and now so upset to receive this terrible news.

Here is a link which I think is lovely.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Julie Cramond

Jill

Postby Jack Lynch » Wed 27 Jul 2005 6:36 pm

On behalf of Christine and myself,I wish to acknowledge and thank all of our friends who posted letters of condolence regarding the passing of our beloved Jill,also for the many well-wishing phonecalls that we received.
Warmest regards to you all, Jack and Christine.
Jack Lynch

Return to General