Vale RT Ch Coalsgarth Jarrah

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Postby Maureen Cooper » Thu 04 Aug 2005 6:00 pm

Tanna was not one of the great dogs but she was a very special dog to me and my family. She was my morning walk companion, the second mother to any puppies I had, jumping into the whelping box to help clean them and would nuture any pup I kept so they did not miss their littermates. She was a constant source of amusement to everyone in Gundog Working tests where her idea of a sit stay meant a bum wriggle forward as soon as I turned my back and then a perfect sit so when I turned to look at her it was as though she had not moved!

Like all my dogs she would spend her evenings in the house on the mat in front of the TV/fire and this winter her place was still there overnight until next morning when I was greeted with some gift in her mouth. She would be over the moon if I gave her a short retrieve when training the others. The mother of a show champion and retrieving champion from the same litter and other retrieving titled dogs, she epitomised the breed, loving, retrieve mad and a family dog. Goodbye, Tanna, 7.12.92 to 4.8.05.

Maureen
Last edited by Maureen Cooper on Sun 07 Aug 2005 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maureen Cooper

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 04 Aug 2005 9:06 pm

Dear Maureen

Sorry to hear about Tanna passing on. I know how much she meant to you and I am sure she will be missed and remembered fondly.

Warm regards, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Joe Law » Fri 05 Aug 2005 8:10 am

Our condolences to you Maureen. We know you were fond of Tanna and you were both true to each other during her life. Our own dog(PK) is closely related to Tanna on his sire's side and we can empathise with your emotions at this time. Joe and Mary
Joe Law

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Fri 05 Aug 2005 9:17 am

Maureen,

Sorry to hear that Tanna was not able to pull through. I know how sadly you will miss your special girl. I only hope that all those puppies keeping you busy will help ease the sadness.

Take care,

Teresa
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Kerry Webster » Fri 05 Aug 2005 3:19 pm

Dear Maureen,

So sad for you to lose Tanna. I hope that wonderful memories of her live on. They will be special to you.

Maybe her namesake can fill a part of the gap made by Tanna's passing and be a special reminder of Tanna's character and her contribution to your breeding lines.

Keep your chin up.

Kerry
Kerry Webster

Tanna

Postby Susie Partridge » Fri 05 Aug 2005 8:08 pm

Dear Maureen
I'm so sorry to learn of your Tanna's passing. My condolences.
Susie P
Susie Partridge

Postby Jack Lynch » Sat 06 Aug 2005 8:45 am

Dear Maureen,
Our thoughts are with you.We have fond memories of Tantan, especially of the time when she gained her r.t,ch. title and then backed it up by winning another all- age trial very soon afterwards,remember these good times, as we shall.
Warmest regards, Jack and Christine.
Jack Lynch

Postby Chris, Jac Van Eekelen » Mon 08 Aug 2005 7:32 am

God Speed Tanna ,
Our thoughts are with you Maureen on your sad loss.
Regards
Chris and Jacqui
Chris, Jac Van Eekelen

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Mon 08 Aug 2005 5:44 pm

Hi Maureen.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

This has come a shock as we were only talking about her on the phone 2 days before.

Regards
Wayne P.
Wayne Parkinson

Postby Joanne Hagan » Mon 08 Aug 2005 5:47 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Maureen, she sounds like she was a lovely dog to have around to share your life with and is clearly very much missed by you.

Take care

Jo Hagan
Joanne Hagan

Postby Peter Betteridge » Mon 08 Aug 2005 10:44 pm

our hearts go out to you.hang in there maureen,from all your friends at the working gundog club of nsw
Peter Betteridge

Postby Allan Bartram » Tue 09 Aug 2005 3:50 pm

Maureen, Just back from Queensland to hear the sad news of Jarrah I know how much she meant to you and will be sorely missed Keep your chin up will call you soon

Allan
Allan Bartram

Postby hcornelius » Wed 10 Aug 2005 10:18 pm

Dear Maureen,
So sad for you that your faithful Tanna has passed away. What a good age. I bet she cleaned up my Bella many a time and kept her company when there was no one to play with. Your wonderful pups give so much joy to so many people and Tanna was so much a part of that and perhaps lives on in their lines. May her memory be a blessing!
My love
Helena
hcornelius

Postby Julie Cramond » Thu 11 Aug 2005 12:17 pm

Dear Maureen,

Tanna will always be with you. So sorry to read the news.

xxxxxx Juile
Julie Cramond

Postby Maureen Cooper » Sat 13 Aug 2005 1:06 pm

Thank you to everyone who sent their messages.As Jack said, they are truly appreciated and make us realise what a great sport we compete in to give us such lovely friends. Tanna had her greatest time in Victoria in 2000 when she brought home 2 wins, a third and fourth placing in consecutive weekends which also included the Bambillay Cup and her title. As my vet nurse said, Tanna had been to more States than she had!

Thanks again, all of you.
Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Next

Return to General