Turner Richards

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Turner Richards

Postby Julian Bielewicz » Mon 29 Aug 2005 8:00 am

Is anyone aware of whether there is a local [Australian] agent/supplier of Turner Richards gundog training equipment? Do the Americans have a TR supplier/agent?

Julian
Julian Bielewicz

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 29 Aug 2005 9:38 am

Hi Julian

As far as I know there is no Australian agent for the TR launchers. They also don't seem to have an agent in the US. They are a UK company. Their website is: http://www.turnerrichards.co.uk/pages/page1.html.

If anyone has a TR laucher they are not using and are interested in selling please let me know.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julian Bielewicz » Mon 29 Aug 2005 2:24 pm

Thanks Jason, I suspected as much. I have their website. Bought my launcher and dummies from them when out here in pre-comptuer days BUT I think TR are experiencing a few teething problems handling modern IT. I had hoped to circumnavigate these hassles but looks like I'll have to give them a bell this evening and hope they can still handle simple telephone orders.

Julian
Julian Bielewicz

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 29 Aug 2005 2:40 pm

Julian

What specifically are you after? If it is dummies, the BumperBoy ones will work and Julie Cramond can help you out.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julian Bielewicz » Mon 29 Aug 2005 9:48 pm

Jason, yes, I am after a couple of extra dummies to use with my TR dummy launcher. It's a long story [lending treasured equipment to those who perhaps had less regard for it than I hoped they'd have]. I'd like some of those 'softer' types. I'm also after the launcher cleaning kit although I suppose I could use gun cleaning gear?

If you're reading this Julie Crammond I'd appreciate a word.
Julian Bielewicz

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 30 Aug 2005 8:12 am

Julian

A 22 cleaning brush will work fine and is easily available.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Tue 30 Aug 2005 8:46 am

Julian,

If you need any bumpers just give me a call and I will mail them up to you.

I personally have never tried a Turner Richards hand held device, but from what other users have told me, the BB bumpers are suitable.
Julie Cramond

Turner Richards

Postby Bob Pickworth » Wed 31 Aug 2005 12:51 pm

I have both the TR hand held launcher (now 25 years old, but still get lots of work) as well as Bumper Boy remote launcher (from Julie C). The BB dummies are a far superior product to the TR ones and have a stainless steel insert and bonded exterior that will not dislodge (which several of the TR ones have done).

Until I purchased my Bumper Boy, I thought the TR hand launcher was fantastic, The BB now get used a lot more, however they both have different applications and the TR still gets some use.

The Bumper Boy must use the yellow short jacket ramset charges, any others 9yellow longs, blues, greens or purples) will jam in the chamber and are difficult to use. The Yellow shorts are the correct ones and literally fall out.
Bob Pickworth
Bob Pickworth

Return to General