Vale Rt Ch Gaemist Robert - Badja

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Vale Rt Ch Gaemist Robert - Badja

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 06 Oct 2005 6:45 pm

Badja 24/12/92 - 5/10/05

After defying the odds for over 2 two and a half years, Badja has finally succumbed to a cancer. He will be sadly missed by Siobhan, Riley and myself. A dog full of personality who always did things at breakneck speed, Badja did his breed and sport proud. Most important of all he was a great friend and companion at home, in the swamp or at a trial. Thanks Badj.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Alan Donovan » Thu 06 Oct 2005 7:07 pm

Our sympathy to you - Gaz and Shiv - he was a great dog. Will always remember him and his enthusiasm.

Sincere condolences - Alan and Verity
Alan Donovan

Postby Joe Law » Thu 06 Oct 2005 8:28 pm

Gareth and Siobhan, we knew Badja was on borrowed time but still it wasn't the news we wanted to hear. Badja was a great dog and we know he meant a great deal to you both. Mary and I want to convey our sympathy at this time and our thoughts will be with you as you come to terms with his passing.
Joe Law

Postby Kate Eltringham » Thu 06 Oct 2005 10:11 pm

Gareth and Siobhan,

Nothing we can say will take away the grief, we know having so recently lost Pax. Our thoughts are with you both at this time.

I found these words shortly after Pax passed away, which to me really show the relationship we have with our canine companions and they with us.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog
You are his life, his love, his leader
He will be yours faithful and true
To the last beat of his heart you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Anonymous

Kate and Noel

Kate and Noel
Kate Eltringham

Postby Allan Bartram » Fri 07 Oct 2005 10:31 am

Gazand Shiv,Memories of Badj as an 18 month old dog at the '94 National here in Perth remain vivid with me. His enthusiasm and speed were enlightening. Time will ease the pain of his passing but be sure the wonderful memories of a great dog will burn brightly forever
Our thought are with you

Allan & Catherine.
Allan Bartram

Postby Joanne Hagan » Fri 07 Oct 2005 10:36 am

Gareth & Siobhan, am very sorry to hear of Badja's passing. My thoughts are with you both

Jo
Joanne Hagan

Postby Kerry Webster » Fri 07 Oct 2005 11:12 am

Dear Gareth and Shiv

It is so sad to hear of the passing of another of our great retrieving dogs and Ian and I send our sincere condolences to you in your time of sorrow.

We all knew that Badja was holding on much longer than predicted and that the time would eventually arrive when the cancer won, but knowing doesn't make it any easier, and the loss of a friend, companion, family member and great sporting dog is always difficult to accept.

Our thoughts are with you.

Kerry and Ian
Kerry Webster

Postby Maureen Cooper » Fri 07 Oct 2005 5:50 pm

Dear Gareth and Shiv (and Riley) so very sorry to read of your sad loss, what a year for so many of us losing our beloved dogs. Loved Kate's poem and would bring a tear to the eye of all who have lost dogs, so true.
Will never forget Badja's speed and your "back" in Tassie in '94 followed by a "not that far back!" when he appeared two paddocks away!

Good memories, Gaz, enjoy them.He was a great dog.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

vale Badja

Postby Raymond Johnson » Fri 07 Oct 2005 7:08 pm

Gareth, Siobhan & Riley,
sorry to hear the sad news, the passing of Badja.
Our thoughts are with you,
Ray, June & Eleanor WA

:(
Raymond Johnson

Postby Jack Lynch » Sun 09 Oct 2005 9:40 am

Dear Gareth, Siobhan and Ryley,
So sorry to hear of the passing of [ Mr.Badge] I admired him a great deal, a lovely little dog though rather [sluggish] Happy that I was privileged to stroke and say goodbye to him recently at Jugiong.Warmest regards from Jack and Christine.
Jack Lynch

such sad news Gaz

Postby Susie Partridge » Sun 09 Oct 2005 5:18 pm

Dear Gareth and Shivy, so sorry to hear that Badger has finally gone, he did you both proud. Susie
Susie Partridge

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 10 Oct 2005 9:04 am

So sorry to hear about Badger - can't remember you without him.
Prue Winkfield

Postby Bo Curtis » Mon 10 Oct 2005 10:20 pm

:(
Dear Badja,
My one love, I'll always treasure the short time we spent together on the Bomballa hills....how will I break the news to the girls? They miss you and I have told them all about you. What a brave and fearless hunter you were, how you gave BB her boundless speed and drive, and from whom Pitch got her..........well, blackness. It would have been nice if you had kept in touch, maybe sent some money from time to time to help raise the girls, but I understand your handler squandered it on his personal toys, you had no choice. They could have used a strong fatherly influence, now they just hang about waiting to go hunting, could be worse I suppose.
Good bye Badj, you stud you, happy hunting,
Love always,
Buckshot
Bo Curtis

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Tue 11 Oct 2005 4:23 pm

I just caught up with all the news and was sorry to hear that Badja's time had finally come. Enjoy all the great memories you share from your years together - Badja will be sorely missed.

I'll be thinking of you Gareth and Shiv.

Teresa
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Bob Pickworth » Sun 16 Oct 2005 7:53 am

Gareth,
Very sorry to hear of the Passing of Badja. I remember throwing at a trial at the old Castreagh site (now NPWS) and seeing Badja, "fly" out to the bird and rocket back. Initially I though he had missed it and was returning empty. - if only it were possible to bottle that drive and sell it.
Bob Pickworth

Next

Return to General