Certificate accompanying place / finish

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Certificate accompanying place / finish

Postby Bob Pickworth » Thu 17 Nov 2005 9:33 pm

With the recent discussion on the AARD title, I am interested why at NSRT we do not issue certificates for places / finishes as occurs in Obedience, GWT and confirmation shows? - It seems that this would be a good idea and wouldn't be too much extra trouble???
Bob
Bob Pickworth

Postby Kerry Webster » Fri 18 Nov 2005 11:23 am

Hi Bob,

That's interesting. Don't clubs issue place cards over there ?

All our clubs present a place card filled out by the officials at the trial and signed by both club secretary and the judge.

Photocopies of 1st place cards must be submitted to the CAWA when a person is applying for a title.

Finishing dogs, other than 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, do not receive a card in Novice and Restricted.

Our clubs also present sashes to the 3 placegetters, and at certain trials there may be a trophy. Only the State Championships have produce as prizes for placegetters as well as trophies and sashes, whilst two other A/A trials have sponsored prizes and sashes.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Bob Pickworth » Fri 18 Nov 2005 1:52 pm

Kerry, No place cards are issued for Restricted or Novice in NSW - At least in 16 years I haven't received any and am currently running and finishing in All Age. I have finished 4 AA trials this past year and received a 2nd in the last, but have not received a certificate. I am not particularly interested in the piece of paper with the letters after it, but if it is necessary for the AARD title verification, it is something that needs to be addressed. I think it may be a looong time before I get a championship, hence my interest in the AARD title.
Bob
Bob Pickworth

Return to General