Vic Duck Season announced

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Vic Duck Season announced

Postby Gareth Tawton » Wed 14 Dec 2005 3:58 pm

Great to hear on the radio this morning Victoria announce a duck season for next year. 7 birds a day is a bit better than 5 this year.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Wed 14 Dec 2005 7:41 pm

Yes it is great news Gareth.

We need to thank the few people who work non stop to make sure we still get a hunting season in Victoria.

PS
I will be defending the World Duck Hunting Title (again) this year
:wink:

Wayne Parkinson
Wayne Parkinson

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 15 Dec 2005 7:18 am

Wayne,

Great to hear the CHAMP will be back to defend his title. I too will be defending my title if my adversary has the intestinal fortitude to come back for another wipping :wink: After the claims of rule breaching last year perhaps we should clarify the rule. I always thought they were simple. HE with the most ducks wins!!! In the case of equal bag limits the shooter first to bag out wins on count back :!:

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Fri 16 Dec 2005 7:12 am

That sounds like a good rule to me.

I will give my challenger credit. He came close last year.
There was only a Hare in it.

I had better start my duck calling practice.

"My duck" "My duck" Yes that sounds about right. :lol:
Wayne Parkinson

Victorian Duck Season.

Postby Robert Tawton » Fri 16 Dec 2005 8:41 am

Gareth,

I already have my License for the coming season and like Wayne I have started on practising my duck calling! Just to show that there are no hard feelings over your fluke of last year, I will not bring "KwiK" to duck opening to really show you up! :lol:

Regards, RWT

PS For those that don't know, Kwik is the name of my new, yellow, duck retrieving machine that I pan to take delivery on Jan 3, 2006
Robert Tawton

Duck Season

Postby Graeme Parkinson » Fri 16 Dec 2005 9:05 pm

I had a wager with a certain someone on the outcome of the last test against the West Indies. The wager was that the loser would drive the boat for the winner at duck opening. Today I ordered my shells. Is anybody else, apart from me, going to have their boat piloted by a qualified coxwain?

Graemep
Graeme Parkinson

Boating at Duck Opening

Postby Robert Tawton » Tue 20 Dec 2005 2:21 pm

Hi Graeme,

I am envious, but beware of the coxswain who shakes the helm just as you are about to shoot! :lol:

RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Tue 20 Dec 2005 8:35 pm

I can't believe I lost a bet to someone who can't even remember what the bet was. Can you believe that, driving a boat for someone who can't even remember why it's all happening.

I backed Bubba to win the play off with Robert Allenby in the golf masters.
After all he is a left hander. :cry: :cry: :cry:

New rule
If you can't remember the bet you can't win the bet.

Wayne P.
Wayne Parkinson

Vic duck season

Postby Garrick Bridges » Fri 23 Dec 2005 3:25 pm

Hi Bob,
Is your latest prospect, Kwik another Kadnook pup?
Garrick
Garrick Bridges

Kwik

Postby Robert Tawton » Fri 23 Dec 2005 8:13 pm

Hi Garrick,

The answer to your question is, YES! Kwik is by Kadnook Drop O Doins (a half brother to my Tank) out of Ch Kadnook Remember When ( the mother of Joe Law's bitch) and I am counting the number of sleeps. I plan to take delivery on the 3rd of January.

BFN, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Prue Winkfield » Sat 07 Jan 2006 10:43 am

Hello Robert - congratulations on your new pup who the grapevine tells me is an AA water dog already :P However, I have to say I am disappointed in you - everytime we meet you tell me how GSPs are quite capable of being titled down south and how well they can work -eg Homer (no argument there) and how much you like them :? so I really thought you would show us the way in the Southern States and become a role model for GSP owners - who certainly need one! :P After all who wants yet another Lab RtCh :lol: See you at Shep? Prue
Prue Winkfield

GSP Trial in January 2006

Postby Robert Tawton » Sun 08 Jan 2006 11:57 am

Hi Prue,

Hi Prue,

It is with regret that for the first time in many, many years Pam and I will not be at the GSP January Trial in Shepparton :cry: . Gareth has been invited to judge the All Age, which leaves me without an event in which to compete (and Kwik will not be ready in time :lol: ). Canberra to Shepparton is a bit too far to go to just be a spectator for the weekend, especially with the National being in Perth this year. Please pass on our apologies and wish every one all the best for the weekend and the 2006 season.

Kindest regards, RWT
Robert Tawton

Return to General