Bulletin Board management

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Bulletin Board management

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 19 Nov 2003 9:50 am

Hi all

I think I have finally worked out how to manage messages and user settings on the bulletin board. If anyone wants me to change their user name, reset their password or fix any other issues please let me know via a private message or an email.

Cheers, Jason.
Last edited by Jason Ferris on Tue 25 Nov 2003 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 24 Nov 2003 9:59 am

Hi all

The Working Gundog Club of NSW, which provides the Australian Working Retriever Central website and bulletin board as a service to the retrieving community across Australia, had a committee meeting yesterday.

At the meeting the committee expressed its delight in the success of the site and bulletin board, particularly the active discussion of the future of trialing which has been occurring lately.

The Committee also expressed a desire to ensure that the bulletin board discussions remained positive and constructive. To help achieve this, the Committee felt that it was important that the author of posts could be identified which is not necessarily the case at present because anonymous 'guests', and people using pseudonyms are able to make posts.

To address this, the Committee instructed me to change the access rights to the board so only registered users could post topics and replies and to encourage people to use their full name when registering for the bulletin board so their posts are identifiable.

If you are not currently registered on the bulletin board, it is easy to do. Just click on the Register link at the top right of the screen and fill in your details.

If you are already registered under a pseudonym and want to change it to your real name, please let me know.

Cheers, Jason.
Moderator/Administrator
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Noel Eltringham » Mon 24 Nov 2003 10:30 am

Hi Jason,

Query for you to follow up, which I have raised before with regard to persons posting reply's.

We have one email address with Noel has registered his name against to post replies, I have been unable to register under my own name and can only do so under Noel's name.

Can this be addressed so more than one person at an address can register.

Cheers

Kate Eltringham
Noel Eltringham

Solved it

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 25 Nov 2003 5:12 pm

I have found a solution to the multiple people, one email address problem reported by Kate. Not sure if it is affecting others so post it here for all to see.

If you want to have two users with the same email, just register as normal for the second user and type in a made up address in the email field - this will allow you to register. Then click on "Profile" and edit your email address to the correct one. Any problems send me a message.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 15 Oct 2004 10:37 am

Hi all

A note for bulletin board members registered under a pseudonym rather than your real name - I have just changed a setting on the board to allow you to update your user name. Just login and click on the Profile link at the top of the screen, then change your user name to your real name and click 'Submit'.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to General