New Dog

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

New Dog

Postby Rob McBride » Wed 08 Mar 2006 12:56 pm

I have a 4month old Britany and live in the Newcastle area. I would like to contact any body in the area who has working dogs to pick your brain and give my dog contact with trained dog to help her learn. Can any one help?

Rob McBride
Rob McBride

Postby Garrick Bridges » Wed 08 Mar 2006 4:30 pm

Hi Rob,
there is a handler named Steve Grainger from Maitland that has posted on this site before, perhaps you could contact him through this site, although I 'm not sure how close Maitland is to Newcastle.

Also, there is a female handler called Colleen and I believe she is keen to become more involved with retrieving trials together with her husband. I think they come from the Newcastle area so it may be worthwhile trying to contact them through this forum (username Silvascape).

Regards,
Garrick
Garrick Bridges

Postby Steve Grainger » Wed 08 Mar 2006 9:43 pm

HI Rob.

We have a group of about six people that are trying to learn as much as we can about retrieving trials. We are all new at it although a few have hunted over dogs , it’s a lot different to trialling. But we are all keen and pool our limited knowledge to help one and other out. We try and get together for training but this is usually at short notice and not all can make it as work commitments always seem to get in the way.
We are all members of Maitland Dog Obedience Club so we do manage to get a little bit of training there on Sunday mornings for Gundog Working Tests. In our group we have two Labradors, two G.S.Ps, two Nova Scotias, one Golden, one Weimaraner, so a Brittany would be a nice inclusion.
If you are interested in joining our little group you are more than welcome Just email or pm me and I’ll give you more info.
My email address is in my profile.

Steve.
Steve Grainger

Postby Rob McBride » Thu 09 Mar 2006 9:32 am

Thanks Garrick
I've already sent steve an email and had one phone call. Its great to know that every one is so helpful and bloody keen.
Regards Rob
Rob McBride

Postby Colleen Davis » Mon 13 Mar 2006 10:39 am

Hi There
My 2 weimaraners, Tony and myself are just getting started in retrieval trials. We do a bit of training ourselves - mostly over on Kooragang Island and join Steve and some other people from Maitland when possible. I also take Elsa (my female Wei) up to the Maitland club for obedience training. We live in Georgetown so are pretty much right in the middle of Newcastle and are also involved in showing, tracking and obedience. If you PM me your phone number I will let you know when we are training if you are interested.
Regards
Colleen
Colleen Davis

Return to General