Bumper Boys

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Postby Guest » Fri 24 Oct 2003 10:17 am

Another thought Jason (as you already mentioned), the Australian dollar is now at achieving a better exchange rate.

I have showed my bumper boy to 5 different Australian trainers and they all are very impressed with the machine.

If you are interested they have a web site:

http://www.bumperboy.

I feel really shy to add this, but I am their Australian agent. They want all orders to be directly from little old me.

I am ordering three bumper boys (12 shot) in the next week or two. I have convinced Andrew that I need another one.

Postby Julie Cramond » Fri 24 Oct 2003 10:19 am

Somehow my login dropped off.

The previous post was by me.

Julie
Julie Cramond

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 27 Oct 2003 12:22 pm

Hi Julie

I have looked at the bumper boys. From the website it looks like these use an cartridge to fire. Is this correct? If so loud bang = no good for urban training. Could be good for weekends though. The questions which spring to mind are:
- how much is the launcher?
- how much are the dummies?
- is the ammo readily available?
- are the electronics included?

Cheers, Jason.
Last edited by Jason Ferris on Thu 27 Nov 2003 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Guest » Tue 28 Oct 2003 4:18 pm

Jason (and others that have PM'd me)

Sorry that I have not answered your questions but I am still awaiting advice regarding freight/shipping charges into Australia. I brought mine back as excess luggage. Naturally LOL the more expensive will be the air freight and by ship the cheapest.

I will answer your questions as soon as the company advises me of the said freight/transport fees, and then I have importation tax (GST) to also worry about.

I used mine at the local park today without a problem.

Julie

electronic thingy's

Postby Annie Warner » Sat 01 Nov 2003 4:12 pm

Julie and others,
Be carefull if you do use any form of electronic/wizz bang type thrower in any sort of public park!
Yep, talking from experiance, I have recieved a very very strong warning from a person in a Blue Uniform about such behaviour! (I guess these days now I am a 'old f**t Biker" I have to get used to such strongly worded warnings!! :D

Annie
Annie Warner

Postby Julie Cramond » Sat 29 Nov 2003 12:21 pm

Jason has kindly allowed me to post the prices on the bumper boys, which I really appreciate as I have been receiving so many PMs and Emails.

Cost in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS (based on exchange rates 28/11/03)

12 shot $2150

8 shot $1885

4 shot $1590

4 shot with advanced sound $1715

Each unit includes launcher, transmitter and receiver, appropriate number of dummies, with streamers, battery charger and instruction manual.

As one remote control transmitter can operate up to 4 separate units:
the purchase price of "other" units (as above - without remote control) are:

12 shot $1890

8 shot $1620

4 shot $1280

4 shot with advance sound $1400.

Each Bumper Boy comes with a 12 month warranty, which we will be servicing. In the case of extended repair time, free loan unit can be provided.

Fantastic training aid and are highly reliable.

Any queries please telephone me,

Julie 03 97072705.
Julie Cramond

Bumper Boy

Postby Brian McMillan » Wed 28 Jan 2004 7:07 am

Hi all!

I'm a first time trainer and I train by myself most of the time and I can trace the the advancement to my dog's performance to two devices, the e-collar and my bumper boy. I bought a four shooter 18 months ago and have only had one minor problem with it, and I was able to fix that myself with out any down time.

The Bumper Boy uses a 22 blank shot, similar to what you might use in a starter's pistol. I live in a subdision where the lots are 2 1/2 to 5 acres in size. Several of the neighboring houses have horses. I use mine in the yard all the time with no ill effect or complaints. A cheap source for the blanks that I have recently discovered is a store that carries the loads for a nail gun. they are basically the same thing and a whole lot cheaper than what I've been getting out of the catalouge.

My only reret is that I did not buy two Derby Doubles (two shooters) instead of my one four shooter. A one or two dog trainer, that trains by him/herself most of the time would have a lot more flexibilty in their training with two units instead of one. A Four shooter will shoot a double, but they originate for the same spot. With two Derny Doubles, one can set one up in one part of the field and the other in a different location. two 'doubles' would have only cost a little bit more than one Four Shooter..

Julie did not mention the Derby Double in her price list, so maybe this option is not available to you all. Believe me, the four shooter is still worth it, even if other is not available.

Just my two cents worth;
Brian
Brian McMillan

Return to General