Duck Hunting in Victoria continues!!!!

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Duck Hunting in Victoria continues!!!!

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Tue 16 Dec 2003 12:20 pm

Couldn't help myself. I just had to share the good news.

As a keen duck hunter, I was delighted to hear that the ALP recently voted convincingly in favour of retaining legal duck hunting in Victoria.....thank God common sense has prevailed! It was in no small part due to the hard work put in by the Field & Game who lobby so hard on behalf of all duck hunters.

In the meantime, the rice season is in full swing and I am reaping the rewards of all that training. My young dog has taken to duck hunting like the proverbial fish to water and I look forward to many more seasons ahead with him. There truly is nothing quite like seeing your dog do what he was bred for!:lol::lol::lol:

Have a safe and joyous Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Hope to see you all round the trials in 2004.
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 16 Dec 2003 12:42 pm

Thanks for the update Teresa. I am sure that I am not the only one envious of your opportunities to work your dogs in a real hunting situation so close to home.

On a related note, I understand that the Victorian Hunting Advisory Committee (VHAC) will meet on Friday of this week to consider the duck season for 2004 and make a recommendation to the Minister. A public announcement on the season is expected shortly after Christmas.

Also, hunters who shoot over the rice in NSW should recently have recieved a survey from Field and Game Australia regarding options for management of the pest mitigation licences. If you are interested in this issue and have not received a survey form please contact the FGA office (see their website for contacts - http://www.fga.net.au)

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

NSW SURVEY

Postby Graeme Parkinson » Wed 17 Dec 2003 8:00 pm

I personally am not very impressed with the survey, it seems to me it's another organisation asking for my money so it can survive. The fact is from where I stand the NSW game council does not seem to have achieved much. I don't think we will ever see another duck season and thats all I'm interested in. And as far as the rice goes we will always have that because of the strong farmers lobby.

If some one can fill me in with what the council has achieved and how they are going to help me in the future please do. But at this point I would rather keep my money in my pocket. If someone out there can change my mind then I will amend my survey return.

Graemep
Graeme Parkinson

Return to General