W.A.' s FIRST RATG TRIAL - Retrieving Club W.A. 25th March

For discussion about Retriever Ability Tests (formerly Gundog Working Tests), schedules and results.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

W.A.' s FIRST RATG TRIAL - Retrieving Club W.A. 25th March

Postby Kerry Webster » Sun 25 Mar 2012 8:07 pm

The Retrieving Club bit the bullet and decided to hold the first RATG in the state today, March 25th. Regular Retrieving Training classes for puppies and young dogs was held early morning at Kingsmeadow in Guildford, and vetting for the tests took place at 9.30 am. The whole event ran very smoothly and a group of people stayed at the site to spectate the new format for this event. It was encouraging to see new handlers with their dogs entering Novice and having a great time, regardless of the outcome. Running the trial was a combined effort with thanks to Jenni Lodge (club secretary and vetting officer), Zoe Slights (Treasurer and entry co-ordinator and result card organiser), Maggie Hankinson (judge), Allan Bartram (chief Steward) and Ray Penman and Terry Little (Field stewards). I hope I haven't left anyone out, but a big thankyou to all involved.

March 25th 2012
Novice RATG
Judge: Mrs M. Hankinson
Held at Kingsmeadow, Guildford

1st place and only qualifier: Katie Partridge and Brumfitt Ruby Star CDX AD JDX SPD (Labrador Retriever) 83 points.

Open RATG
Judge: Mrs M. Hankinson
Held at Kingsmeadow, Guildford

1st place and only qualifier: Kerry Webster and Mhadaidh Especially Hot CD AARD HTM.N DWDF.S (Golden Retriever) 84 points

judge and chief steward.JPG
judge and chief steward.JPG (189.43 KiB) Viewed 1712 times

Novice competitor.JPG
Novice competitor.JPG (207.8 KiB) Viewed 1712 times

Katie and Millie.JPG
Katie and Millie.JPG (180.62 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
Last edited by Kerry Webster on Mon 26 Mar 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Re: W.A.' s FIRST RATG TRIAL - Retrieving Club W.A. 25th Mar

Postby Katie Partridge » Sun 25 Mar 2012 10:46 pm

I would like to thank the Retrieving Club of WA for all their hard work that went into making today a success!! Thanks to Maggie who judged, Allan the chief steward, and to all the helpers in the field and behind the scenes.

Special thanks on my behalf go to Lynne and Jenni who went out of their way to liaise with DogsWest for me to get my Associate Gundog registration happening so that I could enter my rescue Lab, Millie. You ladies are wonderful!!! :mrgreen:

Well done to everyone who competed, some really lovely work out there! I'm so very pleased I made it through with my Lab bitch, Ruby. The RATG was a huge buzz and I am sure will encourage more people to pursue retrieving as a sport! I know I'm sold :wink: I can't wait for the next one!!

And thanks Kerry for the donation of the novice first place prize and the photos!
Katie Partridge

Re: W.A.' s FIRST RATG TRIAL - Retrieving Club W.A. 25th Mar

Postby Roz Buckley » Tue 27 Mar 2012 8:50 am

Congratulatons WA. I hope you enjoy RATG as much as we are here in Victoria. The dogs love it. Looks like you had a fantastic area for your trial.
Hope to hear of many more. It was especially nice to see the Wei in the picture and I am looking forward to seeing the longhair who is practicing getting there soon. (not biased am I)

Roz Buckley
Roz Buckley

Return to Retrieving Ability Tests