RESULTS from Weimaraner Club of Victoria RATG

For discussion about Retriever Ability Tests (formerly Gundog Working Tests), schedules and results.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

RESULTS from Weimaraner Club of Victoria RATG

Postby Roz Buckley » Wed 18 Apr 2012 4:22 pm

The Weimaraner Club of Victoria held a RATG in conjunction with their Restricted to Gundogs Double obedience trials on 15th April. An excellent entry was received. There were 19 in Novice and 8 in Open. There was one disappointed entrant in Open who had to withdraw when his girl came in season. The judges were Mr Noel Eltringham who had his first appointment and judged the Novice class. Noel set some interesting runs which tested a few of the dogs. Open was judged by Mrs Kate Eltringham who also gave the competitors an interesting challenge. With 12 of the entrants entered in both of the obedience trials as well as the RATG and the unexpected delays with competitors going between the two the day did take a lot longer to finish than expected. The weather also was very testing for some when the temperature got to 29 degrees with shade hard to find. Despite the holdups many commented on having a really enjoyable day and were pleased with the runs set for them by both judges.

RESULTS: NOVICE
1st M Howard T Ch Karedon Walkin Tall TSDX CD ET (Golden Retriever) 86pts
2nd K Winters Ch Abtei Arms of Valour CDX (German Shorthaired Pointer) 85 pts
3rd B Kavanagh Barridene Iron Ella (German Shorthaired Pointer) 84pts

Passes also to
Weilander Kennels (R Buckley) - T Ch Weilander Rain Angel CD ET (Weimaraner) 83pts
J Kilby - Kadnook Westbery Jessica CCD (Labrador Retriever) 83pts
B Kavanagh - Oakridge Ice Trekker (AI) ( German Shorthaired Pointer) 82pts Congratulations Barry on gaining your dogs Title
B & K Oliver - Riprap Casher (AI) (Pointer) 75pts

RESULTS: OPEN
1st R Watt FT Ch Walgeers Oscar NRA ( (English Springer Spaniel) 90pts
2nd D & V Furnell Reveirter Cup Saintly ORA CDX RRD ET (Labrador Retriever) 78pts

The next RATG date for the Weimaraner Club of Vic is scheduled for the 9th September. THIS WILL BE A RATG ONLY DAY.

Hoping to see you all at the next RATG which is being held in Morwell on 13th May.

Roz
Roz Buckley

Re: RESULTS from Weimaraner Club of Victoria RATG

Postby Natasha Sleep » Wed 18 Apr 2012 7:26 pm

Glad to see some passes!

Was a very hard run for my little girl, it was extremely different to what we were shown at the training day and I would have done a bit more training if I knew it would be that difficult :lol:

Never mind, I might enter Morwell after checking out the grounds :)
Natasha Sleep

Postby Roz Buckley » Fri 20 Apr 2012 5:06 pm

Ahhhhh Natasha, You never know what you will get at a retrieving trial. Some can be even harder. You may even find you have to send your dog over obstacles like fallen trees, or they have to go through reids and bracken and tea tree. You will enjoy Morwell. Come along and have another go.
Roz Buckley

Postby Natasha Sleep » Sat 21 Apr 2012 8:18 pm

I think it was just that I wasn't expecting it too be that complicated based on the training day and what we were shown. Now I know what may be required I can try and train for it but I didn't know before hence the surprise at the run.

I hope it doesn't come across as complaining as I don't intend it that way :)

Hasn't scared me off, next time I will be alot more prepared and hope too give the bigger dogs a run for their money :P
Natasha Sleep

Postby Roz Buckley » Mon 23 Apr 2012 4:10 pm

Glad you are enjoying it. Didn't take your comment as complaining. There should be another NSDTR at Morwell. Hmmmm I must get a bit more practice in for my youngster as well.
Roz
Roz Buckley

Return to Retrieving Ability Tests