Message to Jason

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Message to Jason

Postby Kerry Webster » Fri 30 Oct 2009 10:14 am

Hi Jason,
I know that you are trying to streamline the access to the trial results as much as possible, but a comment made to me recently has made me wonder if we can go back to having individual state trial results. Remember we used to have the results under each state (well, those that had someone to post them did). The logic is that instead of what is now, wading through the whole of the postings for a particular year which cover all the states, having instead, 2009 trial results under; W.A., S.A., Qld etc which would bring them up without the search. Maybe there could be a sticky for each state under individual years, (maybe starting 2010), and access to that sticky be available to post trial results. What do you think ?

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Re: Message to Jason

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 30 Oct 2009 10:38 am

hi Kerry

I am reluctant to create more subforums (in fact I resisted as long as I could dividing this forum up into year based subforums), but apart from that I am open to other ways of organising the schedules and results. If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting a single sticky thread for all the results from each state in the 2010 forum which would look a bit like this:

2010 Trial calender (sticky)
ACT 2010 results (sticky)
NSW 2010 results (sticky)
Qld 2010 results (sticky)
SA 2010 results (sticky)
Tas 2010 results (sticky)
Vic 2010 results (sticky)
WA 2010 results (sticky)

Using this approach, where would you see schedules and related information being posted? As separate threads?

What do others think of Kerry's proposal?

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Colleen Davis » Fri 30 Oct 2009 6:50 pm

Hi Kerry
If you go to the trial index page for each year it will negate the need to search through all the posts for results. The results for each trial (and in many cases the schedules as well) are linked on the trial index page - just scroll down to the state and trial you are interested in and click on the link. If the link is wrong please let me know (sometimes I stuff them up as its a bit of a tedious setting up the links).

I like having the one page linking everything together but if others have different ideas for streamlining things please let us know.
Rgds
Colleen
Colleen Davis

Postby Joanne Osborne » Sat 31 Oct 2009 8:25 am

deleted
Last edited by Joanne Osborne on Sat 02 Jul 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joanne Osborne

Postby Kerry Webster » Sat 31 Oct 2009 12:57 pm

Hi again,
You are probably right Jason, it would just be more work for you and Colleen. Maybe the "Retrieving Trials Index" could include the words, "Schedules & Results", because this might not be apparent to some people right now. Certainly, if the index is up to date then this negates the need for any other listing, as Colleen said. I only brought up the subject because I was asked why there were the states on the main page, but also, I don't think all the visitors to the site realize that the Index has schedules, results and photos for each trial nationwide, for each year.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to 2009