Epagneul Breton Vic Trial

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Epagneul Breton Vic Trial

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 13 Nov 2008 8:25 am

As no one has ut the results up, I will give partial results in the hope that someone can add to them:

Novice - Judge Barry Kavanagh - 25 Entries

1st R&D McCann's Topnotch Lets Elope - GSP Bitch
2nd J Montasell's Kadnook Rustry Lass - Lab Bitch
3rd
4th

Restricted - Judge Gareth Tawton - 16 entries

1st N Bailey's Kadnook Call the Shots - Lab Dog
2nd G Ponzio's Dual Ch Herbertus Pannonaini Ekes NRD - Hungarian Vizsla Bitch
3rd P Winkfield's Yorifeld Tonado - GSP Dog
4th J Camilleri's Zampgli Gemma - GSP Bitch

Field & Game Test - Judge Brian Paice ??
Prue Winkfield

Re: Epagneul Breton Vic Trial

Postby Diane McCann » Thu 13 Nov 2008 12:45 pm

I believe that third in Novice was Richard Carr with his young Lab dog.

I can tell you that my girl Topnotch Lets Elope and Jack's girl Kadnook Rusty Lass both finished on 156 points with Charlie winning after a second, yes second, run off.

There is a bit of a story to the novice finish. With both dogs on 156 Barry organised a run off and set up a land run. Charlie went first and disappeared into the scrub on the way to a long bird. Before she appeared out the other side a hawk got up out of the scrub and landed in a nearby tree, Charlie then returned to me with a half eaten young rabbit in her mouth. Clearly she had interupted the hawk's meal! As the rabbit was an item of game in the area of the retrieve Charlie was given a re-run.

Barry changed the land run and we started again, both dogs did a lovely job and Jack and I left Barry to sort it out. Shortly after we were called to the water for anothe run off as he still could not separate their scores. Both dogs did very nice work on the water run as well but thankfully we did not have to go on to run off 3.
Diane
Diane McCann

Return to 2008