GSP January Trial Vic

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

GSP January Trial Vic

Postby Diane McCann » Wed 06 Dec 2006 12:27 pm

Hi All,

It appears that our January trial will be relocated to Nagambie this year and that it will go ahead. We are trying to obtain a bit more nearby ground to trial on so that we can run all stakes (attempting to run All Age both days without having to drop a Novice or Restricted).

I will post the schedule shortly and keep you updated.

Cheers, Diane
Diane McCann

Jan GSP Trial

Postby Robert Tawton » Wed 06 Dec 2006 3:01 pm

Hi Dianne,

That is excellent news and I look forward to seeing the schedule.

BFN, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Peter Betteridge » Thu 07 Dec 2006 12:14 pm

a tremendous step in the right direction.Looking forward to seeing you all at nagambie and taking on australia's retriever of the year 2006 (congrats Bob)
Peter Betteridge

January GSP Trial

Postby Robert Tawton » Thu 21 Dec 2006 5:26 pm

Hi Dianne,

I received my Central Highlands Newsletter today and it contains a Schedule for the GSP Trial planned for 26 & 27 January 2007. This Schedule indicates that there will be only one All Age event (27/1/07). Is that true :? as it conflicts with my understanding of your earlier post on the subject? :cry:
BFN, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Diane McCann » Fri 22 Dec 2006 8:38 am

Some wise person once said 'better to try and fail than never to try at all', or something like that.

I did try and I did fail. The committee has decided that due to trial site restrictions they cannot run four stakes on the Friday and elected to revert to the old scheduling and drop the first All Age.

The Central Highlands newsletter schedule does contain an error though (not the fault of Central Highlands editor). Paul Littlejohn is judging Restricted on Friday and Novice on Saturday. Jim Hargreaves is judging AA Age on Saturday.

I do not have the full schedule with me today but will post it onto this site over the next few days.

Sorry to disappoint but I am just one voice.

Merry Christmas,

Diane
Diane McCann

GSP Trial

Postby Robert Tawton » Fri 22 Dec 2006 8:57 am

Hi Dianne,

Your effort is truly appreciated as it is a long way to come for just one trial. Nevertheless, Kwik is progressing well and should be ready to compete at Novice level, so Pam and I are planning to be there!

Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!

BFN, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Jack Lynch » Fri 22 Dec 2006 9:01 am

Dear Diane,thanks for the info ,I too was looking forward to travelling south for the weekend but I dont consider it worthwhile for just one A/A.Best wishes from a disappointed Jack.
Jack Lynch

Postby Peter Betteridge » Fri 22 Dec 2006 9:05 am

Di
thanks for trying.Like jack I was planning to come but having only one all age does alter my thinking
merry xmas from a very disappointed peter
Peter Betteridge

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 22 Dec 2006 10:13 am

Hi Dianne

I don't have a dog in AA, but just wanted to say thanks for trying. It is always good to see people pushing the sport forward.

Cheers and Merry Xmas,

Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Schedule

Postby Diane McCann » Wed 27 Dec 2006 4:33 pm

Friday January 26
Beginners Mr J Montasell $10 & $13
Novice Mrs M Hall $12 & $15
Restricted Mr P Littlejohn $15 & $18

Saturday January 27
Novice Mr P Littlejohn $12 & $15
All Age Mr J Hargreaves $18 & $21

Vetting 7.30, start 8.00am except for beginners with vetting at 9.00 and start at 9.30.

Entries to Mrs V Thomas, 17 Richards Rd, Nar Nar Goon, 3812

Entries close Thursday January 18

The Yorifeld Memorial Trophy for the highest novice aggregate score over the two days will be awarded by Prue Winkfield

Managers - Diane McCann - dianejmc@bigpond.net.au 59786292 0418350920 Russell Thomas - 59425648 inka_line@aapt.net.au

Trial will be held at Nagambie (Brittany November trial site - left at the service station on Nagambie outskirts, think it is a Universal if there is any such thing - it is the first one that you come to if you are coming from Melbourne and you turn onto the Heathcote - Nagambie Rd. Follow this road over the bridge, it later bends around to the left and after you have travelled about 5kms in total (take that distance with a large grain of salt) you will see a dirt rd virtually straight ahead or slightly left whilst the main bitumen rd bends to the right. Take the dirt rd and the trial site is about 1km down on the left hand side. You will see vehicles in the paddock. It is easy, believe me, but if you do get lost call my mobile).

Camping is available on site, a collection will be taken for the property owner. There is a lagoon that people can swim in, apparently the leaches are fairly well fed and not a problem.

Helpers and onlookers are welcome. Look forward to seeing everyone there after a Merry Christmas.

BTW - Are you interested in us putting on a BBQ for dinner on Saturday night? Nominal cost, probably about $5 for hamburgers, sausages and chops - no bread or salad, that will be up to you. If we get enough interest we will put one on and make it a bit more of a social night.

Cheers, Diane
Diane McCann

Return to 2006