The Official 2006 National Coverage Thread

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Best Lady Handler

Postby Allan Bartram » Thu 28 Sep 2006 6:24 pm

I know I'm on thin ice with this one BUT here goes;
The organising committee for this years National regected the idea of an award for Best Lady Handler because the ladies on the committee (7 of them) felt that in this age of equality, they were competing on a level playing field with the men,and such an award would be condecending towards them, unless there was also an award for Best Male Handler.
I personally believe that some of our ladies are every bit as good as their male counterparts,in fact as Kerry has already stated two made it through to the last run and two more got through to the third day missing out on the seventh run (Jackie Duffy & Doc, and Laurelle Draper & Inca)

Just goes to prove whichever way you go you can't please all of the people all of the time !

cheers Allan
Allan Bartram

Postby Kirsty Blair » Thu 28 Sep 2006 8:13 pm

Jason Ferris wrote:Maybe Gareth and I should sponsor a "highest scoring handler with a child under the age of 4" trophy at the national next year! :P :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Jason.

Wouldn't that make it open to all lady handlers married to a man? :wink: :D

Siobhan, once you perfect the art of "man handling" perhaps you might be able to host a seminar for those of us less adept in the art of using collars and electricity to train them :D

Cost of Fuel to Victoria $150
Cost of Seminar $90
Seeing Gareth take a perfect line through cover.... priceless... :D

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Littermates

Postby Allan Bartram » Fri 29 Sep 2006 6:11 pm

Just one more thought from me ,for collectors of trivial information, I have trial managed two National Championships (1994 and 2006) and on both occasions,and I believe the only two occasions, littermates placed first and second in the Championships.
1994, 1st Bambillay River Sands Byron Kendall
2ndBambillay White Ash John Palmer

2006, 1st Beereegan Gunbower Russell Kennon
2ndBeereegan One Tree Mark Davis

does this mean I can claim some sort of record???

Allan
Allan Bartram

1994-2006

Postby Raymond Johnson » Sun 01 Oct 2006 4:50 pm

1994-2006 also was the year the West Coast Eagles Won the Grand Final :lol:
Ray WA
Raymond Johnson

1994-2006

Postby Allan Bartram » Tue 03 Oct 2006 11:24 am

Thanks Ray...who could forget the mighty Eagles victories (at least we can beat the Victorians at something!) :lol:

in just another spooky coincidence,in both '94 & '06 the dogs who finished as runners up in the Nationals were the defending National Champions.

Wierd eh?

Allan
Allan Bartram

Postby Anne True » Wed 04 Oct 2006 11:56 pm

Well done to everyone on their achievements at the nationals.

Kerry, may Tosca have many more years enjoying her retirement she has definately earnt it.

The Vics taking out the Retrieving is the reason they did not make the AFL final nor win the Rugby League final, you just can't have everything, its getting the Polies there to realise that :roll: .

For Nelson & I its been back to agility & obedience, with Nels taking out 3rd Place in Open Obedience at the Perth Royal on Sunday and gaining his Jumping Dog Open title on Monday.

Oh and a WA dog took out Masters Agility at the Melbourne Royal, all be it one of those dastardly BC's. :)

Anne
Perth
Anne S & Nelson
Anne True

Previous

Return to 2006