working gundog club of NSW field day and mock trial

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

working gundog club of NSW field day and mock trial

Postby Peter Betteridge » Tue 15 Feb 2005 5:15 pm

27th of febuary will be the date for our field day.
venue RNSWCC at erskine park All are welcome but we would appreciate it if you let us know if your coming
time 4.00 pm
we will also be having a lecture by club VP geoff Cole on operant conditioning or "clicker training" and how it can be adapted to gundog work
look forweard tocatching up with lots of old friends and making some new ones.We hope you will enjoy running your dog in atrial like environment
cheers peter betteridge Sec WGCNSW
Peter Betteridge

Postby Peter Betteridge » Mon 28 Feb 2005 2:18 pm

I'm very pleased to announce that our first "field day" and event for 2005 was a big success.Over 30 people attended and 21 dogs ran on our stake includung 15 novice dogs in the mock trial.jack Lynch and Joe Vella judged the trial giving plenty of latitude to new triallers and dogs.They did a great job thanks Jack and Joe.
Pam Lyons was the star of the show collecting both !st and 3rd places with her GSP's In all 6 places were awarded and much fun was had by all.
Club VP geoff Cole gave a very thought provoking lecture on "Clicker training" and how it might be intergrated into retrieving trial training.geoff challenged our time honoured method of escape and avoidance thinking but stressed that"clicker training " in itself is not the complete answer.Geoff has just returned from a clicker seminar in the US as well as watching the 2004 US national.Thanks for a great lecture Geoff and sharing your insights.thanks also to all the senior club members for their time and generousity in helping the newbies.We had a vertiable who's who of australian national winners and placegetters on hand.Jack Lynch,geoff Cole,Joe Law ,joe Vella, Bill bailey,John Cauchi etc etc I;m sure I have forgotten someone.A big thankyou to helena for her usual great organization
cheers peter betteridge
Peter Betteridge

Return to 2005