Full results for 2005 National Ret. Trial Championship.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Full results for 2005 National Ret. Trial Championship.

Postby Maureen Cooper » Tue 06 Dec 2005 4:29 pm

The judges for this trial were Mr Joe Law (NSW) and Mr Joe Vella(NSW).

44 entries were received for this trial including 9 ladies and at vetting 8 entries were declared absent including Julie Cramond(Vic) with her 3 labradors and also Heather Ellis(WA) and her golden retriever, leaving just 5 ladies among the 31 men.

The field was split into two and at the end of day 1, 22 dogs were left. End of day 2 and 8 dogs remained to contest the last 2 runs and to dismay of Steve Hall, and wife Margaret and the gallery, his "Levi" picked up the blind before the nominated mark and they were out. Kerry Webster(WA) and RT Ch Mhadaidh Hot Cinnamon, a golden retriever bitch, stayed in the longest of the ladies leaving the competition on run 5.

Commiserations to Ray Ashenden (SA) for having to leave the trial due to his illness when still in competition after 4 runs and also to our NZ competitor Tony Hogarth, who like quite a few of us did not survive their first run. Tony did better in the NSW State staying in until the fourth run. Hope you enjoyed your visit, Tony! Also to Julie who was to compete in her first National and with 3 dogs too but had to stay home for family reasons.. and no, Andrew was quite happy to let her go!

Full results:

1. Mark Davis (Vic) with RT Ch Beereegan One Tree Lab D on 321.5 pts

2. Gareth Tawton (Vic) with Gr RT Ch Kadnook Pride ov Cork Lab D on 298.5 pts

3. Russell Whitechurch (Vic) with Ntl RT Ch Adderslot Crackers Triga Lab B on 286.5 pts

4. Noel Eltringham (Vic) with Gr RT Ch Reveirter Jet Kite Lab D on 284 pts

5. Bob Tawton(ACT) with Gr RT Ch Kadnook King of Kanbera CM Lab D on 275.5 pts

The 6th finisher was John Palmer (NSW) with Ashlake Bennelong RRD
and 7th finisher was Trevor Stevens (Vic) with RT Ch Naancampa Gaby. Well done to all those who finished!

Other results:

Highest Scoring Veteran: Noel Eltringham....Gr RT Ch Reveirter Jet Kite

Highest Scoring Golden Retriever: Trevor Stevens and RT Ch Naancampa Gaby

Highest Scoring Labrador Retriever: Mark Davis....RT Ch Beereegan One Tree

Highest Scoring NSW Dog: John Palmer.... Ashlake Bennelong RRD

Highest Scoring Interstate Dog: Mark Davis .....RT Ch Beereegan One Tree

Highest Scoring ESS: Mrs Georgina Golle (Qld)..... Wrangham Sweet Cherry RRD UD

Highest Scoring Non-RT Champion: John Palmer... Ashlake Bennelong RRD

Highest Scoring Lady Handler: Mrs Kerry Webster (WA).....RT Ch Mhadaidh Hot Cinnamon GR B

Highest Scoring chocolate Labrador: Mark Davis.... RT Ch Beereegan One Tree

Highest Scoring dog/bitch with Show or Obedience title: Bob Boodnikoff (Qld).... O Ch Ethylwyn Pajinka AD ET RRD JDX Lab D

Youngest dog to finish trial: Russell Whitechurch... Ntl RT Ch Adderslot Crackers Triga

Breeder of the winning dog: Beereegan Kennels ( Mark and Wendy Davis)

Leading Dog day 1: Mark Davis... RT Ch Beereegan One Tree

Leading Dog day 2: Steve Hall(Vic)... RT Ch Bambillay Brave Heart Lab D

Youngest dog to finish day 1: Russell Whitechurch.. Tockatunga Slick Willie

Judges Special Award: Steve Hall... RT Ch Bambillay Brave Heart

Teams Event:
Bob Tawton....Gr RT Ch Kadnook King of Kanbera CM... finished
Russell Whitechurch.... Ntl RT Ch Adderslot Crackers Triga...finished
Amand Golle (Qld).... RT Ch Wrangham Buzz Around ESS... out 3rd run.

Jason has written a report of the National which is in the latest edition of the Feathers and Fur magazine and the judges have also supplied their critiques which I am sure Jason will supply here at some time along with any other information.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

results NSW & National trials

Postby Lynne Strang » Wed 07 Dec 2005 2:03 pm

Thanks very much Maureen. Unfortunately I couldn't be there. I found the reports clear, interesting and informative. I look forward to the descriptions from the judges too. Must go.. I'm off to the shop to buy the Fur and Feathers!!!
Lynne Strang
Lynne Strang

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 12 Dec 2005 8:20 pm

Well done Maureen. Not everyone is able to attend the Championships, especially with the distance from W.A. and, the cost involved, so it is of interest to these people having the full results of the trial, available as soon as possible after the event.

As a Goldy enthusiast, I wish to congratulate Trevor Stevens and Gemma on finishing this year, and doing a great job of their retrieves, from what I saw.

Also, to John Palmer and Ben, who has suddenly decided to come to the fore in retrieving at ten years of age (the dog, that is). Listening to John direct his dog only by voice commands was amazing, and I congratulate him on his achievements this year in the NSW Championships and the Nationals.

I have been prompted to add my comment on the error originally made in the National results. Maybe this is a good enough reason for having daily results posted at the National, after each day's competition. Some state committees appear to like posting daily scores, whilst others do not, and whilst in the case for this trial the error made was pretty obvious, in close scores it may not always be. As it was though, a great deal of embarrassment, disappointment, and, anguish could have been avoided if an investigation of the scores had taken place at the presentations, when it was first queried.

Kerry
Kerry Webster

Return to 2005