Catering lunch - both days.

Entries close 30th July 2004.

Trial managers: Saturday Andrew Cramond 9707 2705
Sunday Leanne O'Sullivan 9789 4068

Trial Secretary Mrs J McMasters 30 Hutchinson St Albion Vic 3020
9311 6449
Julie Cramond

Postby Leanne O'Sullivan » Fri 02 Jul 2004 11:20 am

Please be advised that the Committee of the Labrador Club of Victoria have cancelled this trial.
Leanne O'Sullivan

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 02 Jul 2004 2:55 pm

Hi Leanne

Did the Committee members give any reason why has the trial been cancelled?

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Fri 02 Jul 2004 3:27 pm

I received the news from the Labrador Club Secretary this morning.

The three reasons given were:

(1) The trial had been organised in haste.

(2) A retrieving subcommittee had not been formed. Our meeting was to be tonight.

(3) The trial had not been approved by the Labrador Club.

All three reasons listed above had been addressed, discussed and resolved with committee members of the Victorian Labrador Club.

I personally cannot understand despite our efforts the trial (which had been completely organised) has now been cancelled. The 12 people of the future labrador retrieving subcommittee only wanted to help maintain labrador club retrieving events in Victoria.

Every retrieving trial is important. This trial especially as it was the only one of two lead up trials in Victoria available to handlers and their dogs, competing in the Australian national.
Last edited by Julie Cramond on Sat 03 Jul 2004 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie Cramond

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 02 Jul 2004 4:06 pm

Julie - really sorry to see the trial cancelled. As Labs make up about 90 per cent of the dogs trialling in Victoria it is a real shame that the Lab Committee can not get thier act togther - especially when you had everyone organised to run this one. Wonder who will run the next one :?
Prue Winkfield

Postby Julie Cramond » Sat 03 Jul 2004 8:57 am

My post was edited as I accidently forgot the Central Highlands trial late July.
Julie Cramond

Postby Annie Warner » Sat 03 Jul 2004 3:52 pm

Hi Julie, Leanne and all of the Lab sub committee that was/is,
Really very sorry to hear the trial has been cancelled, especially as it seemed you had just about everything organised.
As a group here in Victoria, as well as just about everywhere else, we do need new blood to take on the running of trials, and when people put their hands up to do it I think that it would be best they should be permitted to do it their way, within the rules of course!
Each Club and in fact each Manager/Trial Secretary seems to stamp a little bit of individuality onto a trial they run and that is one of the good things about trials I feel.

Annie
Annie Warner

Postby Greg Playdon » Sun 04 Jul 2004 9:28 pm

Julie
Well done for the time and effort you put into the preparation of this trial, if it wasn't for negative attitude, inane desicions and other reasons we may never know maybe this trial wouldn't have been lost.

(1) The trial had been organised in haste.
For a trial planned for mid August.
Two weeks ago - Judges done
Birds done
New trial site done

(2) A retrieving subcommittee had not been formed. Our meeting was to be tonight.
12 (now confused) people prepared to be part of a sub committee to support this trial

(3) The trial had not been approved by the Labrador Club.
Only leaves the last point ??????

Again well done Julie for you efforts

Greg Playdon
Greg Playdon

Postby Kate Eltringham » Mon 05 Jul 2004 12:55 pm

Hi Julie,

I too would like to pass on my thanks to yourself and Leanne for the effort that the two of you, along with your proposed sub-committee did in attempting to get this trial up and running. It was going to be a trial I could attend as I would not be up the mountain skiing that weekend.

In regards to the last reason given for the trial to be cancelled "the trial had not been approved by the Labrador Club" is hard to understand.

In July last year (16/7/03 to be exact) a representative(s) of the Lab club along with other clubs involved in retrieving attended what is called the "Dates Meeting" at the showgrounds to plan the retrieving calender for 2004. The Lab Clubs representative(s) requested two dates and the weekends of 27 &28/3/04 and 7 & 8/8/04 were placed in the program for them. These dates were then forwarded and ratified at the next RAFT meeting which was held in August 2003.

So unless the Lab club are saying that their representatives at the dates meeting 2003 did not have the authority from the committee to request the dates for 2004 I cannot understand how it had not been approved by the Lab Club!

Again Julie thanks for all of your efforts.

Kate
Kate Eltringham

Return to 2003-4