Novice, Restricted and All Age Results from W.A.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Novice, Restricted and All Age Results from W.A.

Postby Kerry Webster » Tue 03 Aug 2004 4:26 pm

General Info:

As I don't post the results of the W.A. trials under this heading, but under the W.A. page, for those interested in noting placings for these events, please go to the Western Australian page for full details.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 04 Aug 2004 10:28 am

Thanks for the reminder Kerry.

I was thinking that once the 2004 season is over, we should copy all of the 2004 results from this forum to their respective state pages so we have a record of the season's trials. What do people think?

I am also working on an index for this page which will list all the 2005 events and provide links to schedules and results as they are posted. It will sit as a "Sticky" message at the top of the forum and will hopefully make things easier to find next year.

Cheers, Jason.
Last edited by Jason Ferris on Wed 04 Aug 2004 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 04 Aug 2004 1:15 pm

Jason - does this mean all the trials for, say, the next couple of months will be 'sticky' on this page?
Prue Winkfield

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 04 Aug 2004 1:36 pm

Hi Prue

What I had in mind was one 'sticky' contents page type post which listed all the events and links to the posts with schedules and results. The posts themselves wouldn't be stickies.

I will put an example up soon so people can give me feedback on it.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Kerry Webster » Wed 04 Aug 2004 6:39 pm

Hi Jason,

I have found that the state pages have almost become obsolete since the inclusion of the "trials schedule and results" section has been included in this site. I decided that for W.A. results, that they would be posted on the page set aside for us, and not on this section, but an occasional reminder to persons accessing AWRC to check out the state page for these results, would be the way to go. Otherwise, no one will ever visit the state pages.

Personally, I like this section for posting schedules of events, but would still like to see results actually posted on each state's page. That's the way I am sticking to anyway, just to keep some order in my submissions, so I know W.A. people, as well as any other person visiting the site, can go to our state and know the results will be there.

Anything to make it easier to find scheduled events Jason,(Your indicated "sticky"), is good in my book. I will certainly forward trial date details when available from W.A.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 04 Aug 2004 6:53 pm

hi Kerry
i agree with you that the state pages must be kept relevant.I am hopeing that any recent results that are posted on the bulletin board will be immediately transfered to the correct state page.My idea of the use of the trials schedules and results forum is to be only a vechile for keeping results current and short term.Stale news is no news and it is terriffic to be able to access results on Monday from a trial that was completed the day before.Thats just my opinion,what does everyboby else think??
cheers peter betteridge
Peter Betteridge

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 05 Aug 2004 3:15 pm

Peter agree it is good to have results on this page as we do not know when trials are being run in other states unless we are travelling - personally, even though it is published I don't take it in unless I have a particular interest. However, having the history on each State is great also, particularly if anyone is interesting in looking at various statistics across the country, etc. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Diane McCann » Tue 10 Aug 2004 9:07 am

How do you access state pages?

Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 10 Aug 2004 9:40 am

Hi Diane

If you go to the main website page http://www.australianworkingretrievercentral.org.au, you will see a tab along the top of the page for each state. Just click on the tab to access the state page.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to 2003-4