Rescue GSP male available

Advertise dogs, puppies and anything retrieving related for sale, swap or to give away here. Please use the sticky post at the top of this forum to advertise stud dogs. No Commercial or Retail Ads please.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Rescue GSP male available

Postby Joanne Hagan » Tue 09 Jan 2007 7:30 pm

I have an approximately 2 year old male GSP looking for a new home. He has been rescued from the local pound but there is a possibility of determining his breeding (am working on it). He has a lovely disposition, very calm in nature and friendly with everything 2 and 4 legged so far. Excellent with children (eg, my naughty son pulled his ears and tail today and he didn't really care. He did give Hugh lots of kisses though). He has clearly had basic obedience training (sit/come/drop) and is reasonably good on lead.

I have not yet had time to see what his retrieving drive is like though I am told that he would retrieve a ball at the Pound but did not necessarily bring it back all the time.

He is a really lovely dog who needs a nice home. He would make a great family pet for an active family or he could be an obedience prospect as he is reasonably attentive given he's known me for today only and responds well to commands.

Please call me on 0404 030 183 if you are interested in further information.
Joanne Hagan
FOURJAYS GSPs - for showing, for trialling, for loving!
Canberra, Australia
Joanne Hagan

Postby Lara Preston » Wed 10 Jan 2007 4:17 pm

This boy loves the water, took leaps and bounds and couldnt get in quick enough, I think it was his first time in and not real sure what to do except move those front legs really fast but it wont take long - it was hard work getting him out as he was having so much fun. For a GSP he is pretty quiet and didnt make a noise last night, he has settled in really well (if only mine were that quick to keep quiet :? !!) - unfortunately my husband is only letting him stay here for 2 weeks, so if someone wants a really nice calm boy please let Jo or myself know!!
Lara Preston

Postby Joanne Hagan » Thu 11 Jan 2007 5:49 pm

Just to update:

This dogs breeder has been located. He is only 14 months old. He is sired by an American import Am & Aust Ch. I guess now that we know who he is, there would be a chance of obtaining papers for him via his breeder.

Cheers
Joanne Hagan
Canberra, Australia
Joanne Hagan

Postby Kirsty Blair » Thu 11 Jan 2007 6:43 pm

Bit sad if the breeder isn't willing to take him back... :(
Kirsty Blair

Postby Joanne Hagan » Thu 11 Jan 2007 9:17 pm

Ah no, she is, she just can't take him back right now. We are just working on finding him a home whilst Lara is able to house him and if not, then the breeder will take him back. We are all working together to help him.

Cheers
Joanne Hagan
Canberra, Australia
Joanne Hagan

Return to For Sale