Looking for a lab pup

Advertise dogs, puppies and anything retrieving related for sale, swap or to give away here. Please use the sticky post at the top of this forum to advertise stud dogs. No Commercial or Retail Ads please.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Looking for a lab pup

Postby Rob Clay » Sun 04 Feb 2007 10:08 am

I’m beginning the search for the right lab pup and would be interested to hear from anybody with litters planned in 2007.

The dog would be hunted, trialed, and well cared for. While I am a novice in Oz RTs, I’m not a novice to working dogs, prior to my current two Irish Setters, I’ve owned a ESS and a Brittany. Both the Ess and the Brittany were hunted, and the Brittany was trialed in the USA when I lived there. My current setters are 2 yo and in addition to hunting them regularly, they will run in their first FTs this season, assuming that we’re able to find enough birds in this drought to hold FTs. I can’t promise I’ll win any trials with the lab, but I’ll certainly try, in addition the dog will be regularly hunted for as long as Vic has a duck season (and if thats banned I’ll seriously consider moving to Tas or NZ). Naturally the dog will receive regular attention and exercise. My preference is for the athletic type of lab, I don’t expect a lab to run like my setters, but I would like nice moving dog, a dog with the conformation to cover some ground while hunting rabbits for a few hours, for example.

I’d like a bitch, colour isn’t important to me. Like most everybody else, I’m looking for a driven, but biddable dog, with an “off switch” to settle down in the house/car. If you’re planning a litter of working labs in 2007 and would like to place a pup in loving hunting/trialing home, I’d be delighted to hear from you.

Regards
Rob Clay
Rob Clay

Return to For Sale