Retrieving dog

Advertise dogs, puppies and anything retrieving related for sale, swap or to give away here. Please use the sticky post at the top of this forum to advertise stud dogs. No Commercial or Retail Ads please.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Retrieving dog

Postby Jadine MacKenzie » Sat 06 Oct 2007 10:42 pm

Is there anybody out there who’d like a bit of a head-start with a new retrieving dog?

He’s a 3 year old GSP male that I bred. He has his show title, and won his class at the last GSP National Show, with an Excellent grading under a German FCI judge.

I did a little bit of training with him as a puppy, and was very impressed with him, in a working sense. He is confident in water (went straight in & swam, right from a little pup), likes retrieving, loves the beach, and seems to have a nice soft mouth. From what I saw of him as a youngster, I feel that he would have good marking abilities.

He’s been living for the past couple of years with a young family, where he finished off his show title with a complete novice handler. He’s had obedience training up to novice level, and is very good with little children (has been living with 2 of them).

Not that I’m particularly looking for that kind of home for him (just a good one), but I think that he’s capable of holding his own in the show ring, in any state.

He’s an upstanding, but quite a calm, and very confident, laid-back dog - just as he was right from early puppy-hood. Both of his parents are show champions, and his mother, grandmother and half-brother are/have all been successfully trialled (and have/had nice soft mouths).

I very much like this dog (did so, right from a pup) and would keep and trial him myself if I wasn’t so full up to the eyeballs in young dogs at the moment. He’d be trial-able in Novice without too much training at all, and I think that he has the resilience of character to be able to handle the pressures of All Age.

If you’re interested in him, or maybe even having a trial period with him, please let me know.

Jadine
Dedicated to the breeding and promotion of versatile German Shorthaired Pointers.
Jadine MacKenzie

Return to For Sale