Looking for a Brittany

Advertise dogs, puppies and anything retrieving related for sale, swap or to give away here. Please use the sticky post at the top of this forum to advertise stud dogs. No Commercial or Retail Ads please.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Looking for a Brittany

Postby Jason Wong » Sat 21 Feb 2009 7:43 pm

My wife and I are seriously looking for a brittany puppy for both hunting and companionship. Hawaii, like Australia, does not have rabies, and therefore has strict quarantine laws. If we were to bring a brittany from the mainland US, we would have to quarantine the puppy for 4 months. We do not want to put our dog through that. If we bring in a puppy from Australia, there is no quarantine. Do you know anyone who has any puppies or young dogs available? We will be loving parents. Feel free to email us at wongjl@aol.com

jason and jan
Jason Wong

Re: Looking for a Brittany

Postby Colleen Davis » Mon 23 Feb 2009 7:50 am

Jason and Jan
I suggest you have a look on Dogzonline.com.au
A lot of breeders list their litters on this website.
Sending a dog from Aus to Hawaii is a relatively straight forward excercise - I know several breeders (not of Brittanys unfortunately) who have done so.
Colleen Davis

Re: Looking for a Brittany

Postby Bill Allen » Fri 08 Jan 2010 7:01 am

Hi Jason, Jan, & all.
As a Britt owner/breeder/trainer/handdler I would suggest contacting Ray Waldron on 58743810.
Ray is the puppy Officer for Club L'Epagneul Breton (parent club for the Britt breed) or Mark Mallamaci (club Pres') on
0409 018 048. The supply of Britts is often sporadic & there has certainly been a drop in the number of pups being bred post the ban on tail docking. Surprisingly the number of Britts being born 'Bob Tailed' (naturally tailless or short tailed) seems to be rising though for some inexplicable reason??? Maybe more people breeding toward the Bob Tailed dogs?
I occasionally have pups available & am contemplating another mating with my bitch around March/April 2010.
I would also encourage people to make a phone call to Alby Mangion (Deer Park Vic). If anyoine is interested in getting in touch with Alby they can call me on 0417 393 466 & I'll pass his number on to them. As a Britt owner of 26+ years (from 5 bloodlines including my own) my opinion is that Alby's dogs are in a class of their own. A very knowledgeable & ethical breeder & one of the best trainer/handlers of these dogs we have.

Bill Allen
'Windkael' Epagneuls Bretons
Un maximum du qualities pour un volume minimum
Bill Allen

Return to For Sale