Anticipated Working Labrador Litter

Advertise dogs, puppies and anything retrieving related for sale, swap or to give away here. Please use the sticky post at the top of this forum to advertise stud dogs. No Commercial or Retail Ads please.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Anticipated Working Labrador Litter

Postby Gareth Tawton » Tue 20 Nov 2012 8:57 pm

Anticipated Litter mating took place 20/11/12

Dam: Watermark’s Texan Midnight Runner RRD (Imp USA)
Sire: Candlewoods Aussie Connection RRD (Imp USA)

Both dogs have 0:0 elbows 1:1 Hips, are clear of EIC PRA and CNM. They have current eye certificates.

Texi is sired by US Field Champion (FC) Pike of Castle Bay. Pike was trained for a long time by Bill Eckett and is described as a big powerful and sound dog who Bill's wife Becky considered a “real favourite”. Pike qualified for the US National at 11 years of age. Her Dam is Watermark’s Laurie Darlin MH. After gaining her Master Hunter title Laurie competed in last years Hunt Test National and is also All Age qualified in Field trials.
Texi won her first All Age at 18 Months and has since placed in a couple more all ages. She made it to Run 7 of this years National at just 21 months of age.

Aussie is sired by US National Winner and Amateur Field Ch. Fourleafs Ice Breaker. His Dam is FC Candlewoods Yaddadadda Do It MH. Candlewood Kennels is the most successful breeder of working Labs in US history. Aussie completed his first Championship, the 2012 ACT Champ at just 21 months.

Both dogs pedigrees are filled with US and Canadian Field Champions in pro and amateur trials including numerous National Champions. These dogs are surprisingly laid back around the house yet are super driven and work focused.

This litter will be the equivalent of a full US import from some of the very best working genetics in the world. Several pups have been presold however depending on the size of the litter some may be available on the limited and/or main register. For further enquires and to register your interest, please contact Gareth Tawton on 0418 482 342.
Last edited by Gareth Tawton on Wed 21 Nov 2012 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth Tawton

Re: Anticipated Working Labrador Litter

Postby Peter Betteridge » Tue 20 Nov 2012 10:07 pm

wow what a litter Gareth
i just wish i was in the market for a pup but this litter is about 3 years to soon for me
some people are going to have one hell of a pup
congratulations on putting this litter together u r doing a huge service to the working labrador in australia
Peter Betteridge

Postby Brian Tarver » Fri 07 Dec 2012 12:32 pm

That's a super nice breeding! Powerhouses on the way.
Brian Tarver

Postby Alex Withers » Wed 30 Jan 2013 8:55 am

Gareth,

How is the progress of you litter?? I hope alll went well and that it was successful, from memory the 24th was the big day.

Cheers

Alex
Alex Withers

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 31 Jan 2013 9:17 pm

Hi Alex,

Tex only had a small litter of three very fit and healthy pups. Sadly I was not able to meet the large number of orders I had. Perhaps in a year or so I will breed another litter.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Alex Withers » Wed 06 Feb 2013 7:20 pm

Hey that is great news and hopefully you will have much success. It is always down to luck and I am sure it is acknowledgement for your efforts that you have received such solid interest.

I wish you the best of luck with them

Cheers

Alex
Alex Withers

Return to For Sale