VICTORIAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP OCTOBER 2010 - & RESULTS

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

VICTORIAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP OCTOBER 2010 - & RESULTS

Postby Margaret Hall » Sun 11 Jul 2010 3:25 pm

ENTRIES CLOSE 5PM Friday 17th SEPTEMBER 2010
VICTORIAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RETRIEVING
TRIAL FOR GUNDOGS

To be held under the Rules and Regulations of the Victorian Canine Association and the ANKC Rules for Retrieving Trials 2010
A copy may be inspected at the office of the Secretary of the fixture on the day of the trial.

SATURDAY 2nd. & SUNDAY 3rd. OCTOBER 2010

JUDGE: Mr. Jim Hargreaves

TRIAL MANAGERS: Trevor Stevens 0427202392 Margaret Hall 0417164611
ENTRY FEES: $40..00
ENTRIES: Accompanied by Entry Fees and a Stamp Self-Addressed Envelope (for return of receipt and directions).
CHEQUES TO BE MADE PAYABLE TO Dogs Victoria.
To be sent to Trial Secretary:
MARGARET HALL. 6 CHISHOLM COURT, NORTH CROYDON, Vic. 3136
Ph: (03) 9733 2275
NO LATE ENTRIES SHALL BE ACCEPTED
VETTING: 8.00 AM STARTING TIME: 8.30 AM
VENUE: T.B.A.
DRAW: A public draw to determine the running order will be made on Saturday 18th September 2010 at 8.00 pm at the home of the Trial Secretary.
TROPHIES: Trophies and Sashes will be presented for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th places.
A full trophy list will be printed in the catalogue.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Championship stake is confined to Gundogs that have been placed first in a Restricted Stake or first, second or third in an All Age Stake. (Non-titled dogs must include proof of their eligibility with entry form).
A Championship shall consist of not less than four (4) retrieves with at least nine (9) items of game to be retrieved; at least two (2) blind finds are to be included. A dog must be tested for steadiness from behind a Hide at least once.

CATERING: Lunch will be provided on both days at nominal cost.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
• The Committee reserves the right to contract a reserve judge if necessary.
• Competitors must produce a current Shooters Licence at vetting or they will not be permitted to compete, please include on entry form.
• Trial venues are private property and must NOT BE REVISITED at any time after the Trial.
• All dogs will be examined by a competent examiner before commencement of every trial. Bitches in oestrum shall not be permitted to compete by may be on the property but not in the vicinity of the trial site or the area of the runs. No preparation for concealing oestrum shall be used.
• ALL DOGS on the trial site must be on a lead at all times (except when competing or being exercised), the lead must be held in the hand or the dog tethered.
Last edited by Margaret Hall on Sun 03 Oct 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Margaret Hall

Re: VICTORIAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP OCTOBER 2010

Postby Margaret Hall » Tue 10 Aug 2010 8:00 pm

VENUE: The Trial will be held at Switzerland Road, Yea.

We have been able to secured the use of a new property next door to our usual site and there has been plenty of rain so all the lagoons are full, which a great for the trial.
Camping will be on site at the usual place or alternative accommodation is available in Yea.
Motels - Yea Motel 8 Miller St Yea 0357972660
Motels - . Tartan Motel 17 High St Yea VIC 3717. (03) 5797 2660
Yea Caravan Park - 1 Court Street Yea 3717
Yea Peppercorn http://www.yeapeppercorn.com.au/

Dinner Saturday night will be held at the Hotel in Yea so please indicate with your entries if you will be coming for dinner.

Margaret Hall
Margaret Hall

Postby Margaret Hall » Fri 10 Sep 2010 5:14 pm

Get your entries in for the Championship, entries close 17th SEPTEMBER
Will be held in Yea, Switzerland Road.
Don't forget to indicate if you will be coming to the Pub for dinner on Saturday night.

http://www.whereis.com/?id=772A22C4CFB9BD
Margaret Hall

Postby Margaret Hall » Thu 16 Sep 2010 8:02 pm

Siobhan Tawton will be doing the catering at the Championship so we can expect something nice and warm especially if this wet weather keeps up.

As the website has been down for a few days I will accept entries until the final post on Monday next week so get your entries in now or bring them at the weekend for the VGC trial at Yea.

See you all later
Margaret
Margaret Hall

Postby Gareth Tawton » Tue 28 Sep 2010 11:11 am

HI Everyone,

As mentioned catering will be available however not for breakfast. Subject to vehicular access (the rain has stopped so this shouldn't be a problem) Catering will be at the runs all weekend. With about 29 entries and collingwood ready to go down, the weekend should be fantastic.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Margaret Hall » Sun 03 Oct 2010 8:28 pm

RESULTS FROM THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Out of the 26 dogs who started only one remained at the end
Congratulations to Jack Lynch and R.T. CH. LOWTHER HIGHLAND TSU with 273 points on taking out the title for this year.

Thanks to all those people who came up the Yea to assist with the trial, your help and support is much appreciated.

Margaret Hall
Margaret Hall

Re: VICTORIAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP OCTOBER 2010 - & RESULTS

Postby Peter Doley » Mon 04 Oct 2010 3:57 pm

Congratulations to Jack and Tsu for the fine work and the win on the weekend.
While there were plenty who helped run the trial over the weekend I would also like to acknowledge the Judge. I as a competitor aspiring to win a championship was please to attempt testing runs with clear marks. Runs that require a good dog that understood the concepts, a good handler and that luck did not pay any major part in. We all know Jim and the high standards he and his dogs have achieved. We would not expect any less of his judging nor would he give any less. Late Sunday afternoon I looked at Jim as he was packing up to go home and saw a tied Judge who had given his all for the good of the sport. I'm sure every competitor there would line up again next week under Jim to do it again. That is the regard Jim is held in.

Well done Jim
Peter Doley

Postby John Lawton » Mon 04 Oct 2010 8:56 pm

Well done Jim. Yes I will line up again next week to be judged. All the runs were of a championship standard, if not National. But as we all say "Gettable", no party tricks, just very good runs. Jim gave the dogs enough reasonable time to complete the runs. It was good to see that the dogs at times were required to work on their own,(much to the stress of the handler) out of site of the handler. These dogs showed sagasity in how they worked out the retrieve on their own. very well thought out runs. Again congratulations Jim and thanks.
John Lawton

Postby Gareth Tawton » Tue 05 Oct 2010 7:39 pm

Peter,

I couldn't agree more. I have run in most of the championships this year (missed NSW) and thought, with due respect to the other judges, Jim had the best runs when viewed as a complete package. It was my worst result yet the most fun!!! It is a fine balance between giving everyone a "fair go"and so called gettable runs while still allowing our top dogs the opportunity to show what they are really capable off. Jim certainly got this delicate balancing act right. Well done Jim and congratulations Jack on an outstanding year with both your dogs.

Gareth

PS a big thanks to all the stewards at all the various championships. Particularly those that came along just to help out when they didn't have a dog to run.
Gareth Tawton

Postby Peter Betteridge » Tue 05 Oct 2010 9:54 pm

so how did he lose 28 of the best dogs in the country if all the runs were do able and jim set no elimination tests??? Were all,the eliminated dogs called in for dis obediance and failure to handle??????????????????
Peter Betteridge

Postby Gareth Tawton » Wed 06 Oct 2010 12:29 pm

Peter,

No individual run destroyed the field. At one stage or another we just weren't good enough, particularly on clear marks landing out of site. Victoria now also has an abundance of water and as a result reeds which many dogs have not seen for years. I suspect a bunch of factors combined to slowly eliminate a bunch of good dogs. Thats life in trialling sometimes.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Tony Rowland » Thu 07 Oct 2010 2:42 pm

Peter

I find your coments complexing, as a person who holds a novice liecense and is yet to judge a single trial (in 3-4 years at least) :shock: :shock: :shock: .
The comments that you have made not being at the trial, are mind boggling. Until you have got runs on the board please think before posting.
As people spend a lot of time, money traveling the country, doing appointment for not much money, not much thank, and not much glory.

Tony
working with the grey ghost, can be like catching fly with chop stick''
Tony Rowland

Postby Peter Betteridge » Thu 07 Oct 2010 2:50 pm

tony are u for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think u mean perplexing not complexing
i didnt make a comment tony i asked a question with no implied praise or criticsm
u have got to stop taking thoses angry pills big fella
Peter Betteridge

Postby Tony Rowland » Thu 07 Oct 2010 5:22 pm

peter

why say any thing if its not positive or constructive, thats all anyone asks.

tony

ps thanks for the english lesson, what are you like at anger management. :mrgreen: :lol: :P
working with the grey ghost, can be like catching fly with chop stick''
Tony Rowland

Postby Peter Betteridge » Thu 07 Oct 2010 10:58 pm

Tony since when has it been deemed offensive to ask a simple question????????????????? You seem to take offense very easily.You call my post "mind boggling" and attack my credendials as a trialler.im sure my record as a trialler pails into insignificance in comparison with other posters on this thread but i feel that i have done enough to be allowed the indulgeance of asking a question without being mauled
maybe u should follow your own advice and be a little more positive and constructive
Peter Betteridge

Return to 2010