Retrieving Club of W.A. Novice & Restricted Results 24/7/11

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Retrieving Club of W.A. Novice & Restricted Results 24/7/11

Postby Allan Bartram » Mon 25 Jul 2011 8:18 pm

The Retrieving Club of W.A. held a Novice and Restricted trial out at Beverley. The weather was once again very kind to us. The Dale River was full and flowing providing a superb site. The judge for the day was Ms Eleanor Johnson who conducted another fantastic trial!Thanks to Mike McClure who was the Trial Manager, also to Peter Woods, Ray Penman, both of whom worked out in the field and to Marilyn Dawson who also helped out.

Novice:
Dogs entered: 6
Dogs finished: 5

1st DualCH(T) Flatterhaft Kasjsa Bergqvist(IMP SWD) CDX ET DWDF.S HTM.S QND Miss Sonja Pfister 162 points
2nd Moralana Coopers Rose QND Ms Lynne Strang 157 points
3rd Celabration Tas To Win QND Mrs Rebecca Cowper 156 points

Restricted:
Dogs entered:9
Dogs finished: 2

1st: Boomermagic Irish Spirit NRD AD JD Maggie Hankinson 135 points ( This gives Spirit and Maggie their RRD..... congratulations from all of us!)
2nd: Boomermagic Halloween Hero NRD Allan Bartram 125 points

Congratulations to everyone who took part in the trials! Catherine x
Allan Bartram

Re: Retrieving Club of W.A. Novice & Restricted Results 24/7

Postby Raymond Johnson » Wed 27 Jul 2011 6:27 pm

Congratulation Maggie & Spirit on your RRD title.
Alan & Flynn just kept on, keeping on with second places. Well done finishing the trial.
Ray & June
Raymond Johnson

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 28 Jul 2011 11:06 am

HI Allan,

I see the winner of the is a dual Ch (T) I assumne the T is for tracking. Is that a new rule in WA or Nationally for a dog to be a dual with a trcaking title. I thought you could only be a dual with Show and either field or retrieving??? Must admit its not something I have followed in the rules.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Lara Sedgmen » Thu 28 Jul 2011 12:52 pm

Gareth, it's not a WA thing. A dog with a Show Champion and a Champion title in any other ANKC discipline can apply for a Dual Champion title, in any State. I have a Dual Ch that is Show and Agility Champion.

Taken from the ANKC REGULATIONS available on the ANKC website:

PART 6 THE REGISTER AND REGISTRATION
SECTION 7

Dual Champion
Dogs awarded two Champion Titles one title must be a Conformation Champion the other title in any of the other ANKC Ltd recognised disciplines shall be granted the title “Dual Champion” and the title shall appear before the name of the dog. (10/01) (10/06, 6.1.2)

How is that Lab bitch of yours going on her show title?? You could have a Septuple Champion! Show, Retrieving, Field, Obedience, Tracking, Agility and Dances With Dogs! :mrgreen:
Lara Sedgmen

Postby Allan Bartram » Thu 28 Jul 2011 1:18 pm

Gareth,
Lara has answered your question much better than I could have !
It is interesting to note we have two "Dual Ch (T) " dogs competing in WA, both are Flatcoats (one liver,one black) and both now have recorded wins in Novice.
Sorry about the short reply i"m still trying to come to terms with you doing "Dances with Dogs " !!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Allan Bartram

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 28 Jul 2011 2:42 pm

Thanks Lara,

You learn something new every day. To many titles to keep up with these days. Its hard enough to get a retrieving title less the rest of the alphabet. Imagine a Septuple Champion.......

My Blackboy bitch has spent the winter being a quail/pheasant dog which certainly hasn't helped any show or retrieving aspirations but is much more fun in any case. We are coming to the Canberra trials this weekend. Hopefully she will come in season after that so I can breed a litter. My import bitch is due in a month maybe I could start Dances with Dogs with her. I hope the ANKC has a very liberal alcohol policy as I know how many beers I need to dance now less with a dog :!:

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Return to 2011