RETRIEVING CLUB W.A. NOVICE & RESTRICTED RESULTS

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

RETRIEVING CLUB W.A. NOVICE & RESTRICTED RESULTS

Postby Kerry Webster » Sun 15 Jul 2012 9:37 pm

The Retrieving Club held their trial at the Lavender Farm near Toodyay, and we were lucky in having a fine and warm day for the days competitions alongside the Avon River. Unfortunately there were a multitude of kayak users along the river that morning, and their rudeness to the trialers was not complimentary at all, and to avoid risk of injury to our dogs, the final Novice run was delayed for a couple of hours until the river was clear. Apart from that annoyance, the day went very smoothly and credit to the two Chief Stewards on the day, Zoe Slights and Catherine Thorburn for their work, also to Ray Penman for coming to work in the field, and to Iain MacDonald to working the whole of restricted. To the many other people who gladly went out into the field during the day, our thanks. This is what retrieving is all about; helping each other !

RESULTS:

RETRIEVING CLUB OF W.A.
FONZIE NOVICE STAKE
JULY 15TH, 2012
JUDGE: MR IAIN MACDONALD

1st Place: Wauchope Tit Tat Tooie (GSP bitch) Ray Johnson 155 points

2nd Place: Applewood Supa Trooper (Golden Ret. dog) Caroline Sheddan 149 points

3rd Place: Moralana Coopers Rose QND (Labrador Ret. bitch) Lynne Strang 146 points

RESTRICTED STAKE;
JULY 15TH, 2012
JUDGE; MR. ALLAN BARTRAM

1st Place: Winterset Moonlite Gambler NRD (Golden Ret. dog) Kerry Webster 156 points (This is the final leg for Banner's RRD title - well done my boy)

NFF.

My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Re: RETRIEVING CLUB W.A. NOVICE & RESTRICTED RESULTS

Postby Judy Pannett » Fri 20 Jul 2012 7:41 pm

To counter the experience the trialers had with kayakers on Sunday we had absolutely the opposite today.
While training on wednesday we managed to get not 1 but 2 dummies stuck up a tree on the opposite side of the river (I blame Ely it wasn't me :) ) Today they were still there and an lovely helpful kayaker pulled his Kayak out on the shore climbed the tree & knocked them down then when we sent a dog to get them remarked how he loved seeing the dogs working. Wish we had a bottle of wine with us to give him :)
Judy
Judy Pannett

Return to 2012