FRA QLD Easter results.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

FRA QLD Easter results.

Postby Wendy Michalk » Fri 25 Apr 2014 5:31 pm

I wasn't at the trial but these are the results I have been given.
The trial was held on a new property which I believe was really nice with a great camping area.
Results
Friday
Novice;Judge; Lisa -Marie Price
( Joe Cockburn Perpetual ) over 4 runs
1st; R. Jackson with Adderslot Rudy. Lab D 222 pts
2nd; L Draper with Moralana Celtic Sunrise. Lab B 217pts
3rd; R. Eaton-Wells with Gidgee Down Under Del (Imp UK ) Lab B 214pts
Congratulations Ron & Rudy in winning the prestigious Joe Cockburn Memorial Trophy.
Restricted; Judge; Paul Towning
1st; D. Bullimore with Headland Cape Hillsborough. Lab B 126pts
2nd;G. Dawson with Manark Summer Storm. Lab D 119pts.
NFF
All Age; Judge, George Price.
1st; E. Colasimone with Yorifeld Quartz. GSP D 166pts
2nd;RTCh Lidlriva Onyx Gundi CM. NSDTR D 164pts
3rd; D. Colasimone with RTCh Jagacey Nugget Moon. GSP D 161pts
Congratulations to Elio & Messi this win gives Messi his RTCH
SATURDAY;
Novice; Judge;Dom Colasimone.
1st; W. Outtrim with Pointgold Yea Baby; GSP B 176pts
2nd; R. Jackson with Adderslot Rudy. Lab D 159pts
3rd;A Donovan with Yorifeld Cups Dream. GSP B 155pts.
Restricted; Judge, J Christensen. (Welcome Back to the judging panel Jake)
1st;G. Dawson with Manark Summer Storm. Lab D 105pts
2nd Martin Walsh with Avokah Caramel fudge. Lab B 102pts
All Age; Judge, H. Cattermole
1st; B.Boodnikoff RTCh Lidlriva Onyx Gundi CM . NSDTR D 167pts
2nd; R Eaton-Wells with Gidgee Girl (Imp UK) Lab B 157pts
3rd; J. Wilkinson with Eireannmada Song & Dance RRD. IS B 135pts
Sunday;
Novice; Judge, P.Angel ( NSW)
1st; R. Eaton-Wells with Gidgee Down Under Del (Imp UK ) Lab B 156pts
2nd; A. Donovan with Yorifeld Cups Dream. GSP B 155pts
NFF
Restricted; Judge, W.Outtrim (NSW)
1st; J.Christensen with Avokah Make My Day. Lab D 156pts
2nd. S.Bath with Adderslot Beaumont Texas. Lab B 124pts
NFF
All Age; Judge B. Boodnikoff
1st;D.Colasimone with RTCh Jagacey Nugget Moon. GSP D 154pts
2nd; G. Meeve with Brigodee Black Tie Affair RRD . Lab D 152pts
3rd; R. Eaton- Wells with Gidgee Girl RRD (Imp UK) Lab B 106pts.
Wendy Michalk

Re: FRA QLD Easter results.

Postby Diane McCann » Fri 25 Apr 2014 6:31 pm

Congratulations to all placegetters. I do not mean to offend anyone or to throw stones, but is it appropriate for a dog to win restricted and take a step toward all age with a score of 105?
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Lynne Strang » Sat 26 Apr 2014 9:49 am

Regarding scores in Restricted trials: In Obedience trials the exercises are set out with minimal variations, whereas Restricted trials involve different terrain,
exercises and lengths. The scores can reflect these differences, affecting the dogs' scores. Also over the years I have noted some judges generally tend to score dogs lower than other judges. It is difficult to form an opinion unless you see the dog actually doing the runs.
Lynne Strang

Postby Steve Bath » Sun 27 Apr 2014 7:49 pm

Di, Just imagine for a second that the individual who was placed 1st in restricted by a judge with more than 40 years experience was yourself. The trial was testing and involved multiple triple bird runs and challenging concepts. Your result is then questioned by someone who had no knowledge of the difficulty involved, nor the scoring proclivities of the particular judge. No offence intended, I think not. Admittance to all age is not dependant on restricted wins in any case. Steve Bath
Steve Bath

Postby Diane McCann » Sun 27 Apr 2014 8:39 pm

You are incorrect Steve, I did not mean to offend, I am merely questioning in theory how a dog loses 30 points a run on average and does good enough work to win. You are correct that I know nothing of the runs that we're put on. Dogs completing restricted stakes with a poor quality of work is a problem we see in Victoria frequently. I do not know the judge or handler and it was not meant to be personal, however I do see how it could upset and I apologise to both if this is the case. Hard to have an objective discussion when individuals are involved.
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Prue Winkfield » Sun 27 Apr 2014 10:00 pm

This has been a tricky subject for at least 20 years. I can remember finishing a Restricted about 20 years ago - only dog to finish and not given a win - very unhappy me! Wonder though Steve - did you mean there were multiple triples in Restricted? Not heard of that before but things might have changed.
Prue Winkfield

Postby Steve Bath » Mon 28 Apr 2014 10:45 am

Hi Prue, yes triple retrieves featured in each of the restricted trials in Qld over the Easter weekend. On the 1st day every run was a triple. Great weather, great grounds, great testing trials and an excellent welcoming crowd made for a tremendous Easter. To give you an idea of the challenges set one run consisted of leaving the dog in a hide, shooting a blind, then shooting a mark which the dog was sent for. As the dog returned a two bird was thrown across the path of return. The dog then had to retrieve the blind before returning to retrieve the two bird. I have seen many all age dogs and handlers forced into expending many points completing such a test as set by the judge. The common mindset seems to be it is fine to win an all age with a seemingly low aggregate score, due to the perceived complexity of the runs. The point I was trying to make in my earlier post is that this situation can be arrived at when a testing restricted trial is set. Cheers Steve
Steve Bath

Return to 2014