WGC Inc Trial & RATG 18 & 19 October & Results

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

WGC Inc Trial & RATG 18 & 19 October & Results

Postby PennyAngel » Thu 28 Aug 2014 9:37 pm

Working Gundog Club Inc.
Affiliated with Dogs NSW
Retrieving Trial & RATG
Date: 18 & 19 October 2014 Venue: Kanimbla Valley (NSW)

Judges: Saturday
Novice AM: Sandra Goldsmith
Novice PM: Penny Angel
Restricted: Steve Bath

Judges: Sunday
Restricted: Paul Hamson
All Age: Helena Cornelius
RATG – Novice & Open: Ray Temple

Novice Stake:
• Official entries (as per Rule 37) are confined to Gundogs that have not won any Stake other than two (2) Novice Stakes (Beginner’s Tests excluded).
• The Club allows dogs that are no longer eligible to run in Novice to participate as non-competing entries providing that they have not placed in a Restricted or All Age Stake.
Restricted Stake:
• Official entries (as per Rule 38) are confined to Gundogs that have not won three (3) Restricted Stakes or an All Age Stake, or have been placed first or second in a Championship Stake.
• The Club allows dogs that are no longer eligible to run in Restricted to participate as non-competing entries providing they have not placed in an All Age Stake.
• Should a scheduled Restricted Stake receive insufficient entries (less than 4 bona fide exhibits and at least 4 different owners), the stake will become a Sweepstake.
Restricted Sweepstake:
• Confined to Gundogs that have not completed an All Age Stake. (A win in this event does not go towards an RRD title).
All Age Stake:
• Confined to Gundogs that have won a Novice Stake or have placed first, second or third in a Restricted Stake (as per Rule 39).

Awards: All Stakes – Trophy & Sash 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place. Sash for 4th in Nov.

Entry Fees:
$12.00 RATG
$20.00 Novice
$22.00 Restricted
$24.00 All Age

Note that GAME will be used for RATG.

Payment Options:
(i) Cheques should be made out to Working Gundog Club Inc and included with entries
OR
(ii) Direct internet transfer at time of entry to:
Acc Name: Working Gundog Club Inc.
BSB: 012 266
A/C No: 349147312

Entries Close: Wednesday 8th October 2014
Please include a stamped SAE with your entry. Directions to the trial site will be provided with confirmation of your entries. Camping will be available at the Sport & Recreation ground at the end of Cox’s River Road in the Kanimbla Valley. Limited power and drop toilets are available. A camping fee will apply.

Acting Secretary: Penny Angel
85 Wade Street, Dungog NSW 2420 Mobile: 0487 950 228
Email: pennyagl@gmail.com

Trial Manager: Mark Sargison/Penny Angel

Vetting: 8.00 – 8.30 am. Vetting Officer: Carol Griffiths

RNSWCC Rep: A member of the RAFT Committee.
This Trial is conducted under the Rules & Regulations of the RNSWCC. A copy may be perused at the Secretary’s office.
Last edited by PennyAngel on Tue 21 Oct 2014 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.
- Thomas Carlyle
PennyAngel

Re: WGC Inc Trial & RATG 18 & 19 October

Postby PennyAngel » Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:31 pm

Please be advised that the Restricted judges for this trial have swapped days. This means Paul Hamson will judge on Saturday and Steve Bath will judge on Sunday.
- Thomas Carlyle
PennyAngel

WGC Inc Trial & RATG 18 & 19 October

Postby PennyAngel » Mon 29 Sep 2014 10:26 pm

A reminder that entries for this trial close next Wednesday 8th October.

Powered camping is available at the Sport and Recreation grounds at the end of Cox's River Road. No flushing toilets, but enclosed drop toilets are available on site. Close to hand further accommodation may be found at the Hampton Halfway Hotel and I believe there is a caravan park at Hartley.

Two great properties to trial on. On Saturday will be Lowther Park for Novice am and pm and Restricted. On Sunday we have Frasers for Restricted and All Age. The Novice and Open RATG will be held on the river flats, quite close to the camp ground. Our RATG judge is quite excited by the terrain and I am sure anyone who has already entered will have a great time.

For those of you who have not yet sent your entries or have been thinking about entering, please do so. This is the last trial on the NSW calendar and it will be good to see everyone before we embark on our Summer training programs ready for the GDS trial in March next year.
- Thomas Carlyle
PennyAngel

Directions WGC Inc Trial & RATG 18 & 19 October

Postby PennyAngel » Fri 10 Oct 2014 2:09 pm

Hello All

I am very pleased to advise that all Stakes will be run at this trial. A couple of changes to the judging as follows:

Saturday Novice AM and Restricted will be judged by Paul Hamson
Saturday Novice PM will be judged by Penny Angel

Sunday Restricted will be judged by Steve Bath
Sunday All Age will be judged by Helena Cornelius

RATG will be judged by Ray Temple.

Vetting and muster point for both days will be at the Sport and Rec camping area at the very end of Cox's River Road. This road is the second left when you come down from Mount Victoria. It starts as bitumen but does turn to dirt. There is only one deviation on this road when there is a fork, you take the left hand one which is obvious when you get there. There is a lot more dirt after that including some bends however when you get to the bottom it is straight and you can't miss the camp area. There is a rural fire station there and a large covered area, plus of course our caravans.

The other option is to go left down Jenolan Caves Road as if you were going to Liddleton's and then go past Liddletons and keep an eye out for Lowther Siding Road which is a left hand turn. Go down that road until the end and then turn right onto Cox's River Road and follow it until the end.

Note: Cox's River Road does change name somewhere along the line to Cullenbenbong Road.

If I get my head around Google Maps/Earth and can get something workable I'll send it through, though in the past I usually just type the road into my GPS and select street midpoint and then just follow. I will be arriving on Thursday night and endevour to get some signs up on Friday. Click here to see the meeting/camping spot... Or view as a Map

Please note that the Property owner on the Saturday has just had a large weed spraying exercise and has requested that those of us who have been off road to please ensure that we don't take any dirt or vegetation onto his property. So maybe worth hosing off underneath before leaving home on Friday.

Bacon and egg sandwiches will be available both mornings at a cost of $2.50 each.
- Thomas Carlyle
PennyAngel

WGC Inc Trial & RATG 18 & 19 Oct - RESULTS

Postby PennyAngel » Mon 20 Oct 2014 8:22 pm

Saturday
Novice A.M
Judge: Paul Hamson
10 entered, 4 finished

1st - Lynne Elliott with Chaser on 176 points
2nd - Lynne Elliott with Dancer on 167 points
3rd - Jeff Griffiths with Chip on 163 points
4th - John Cash with Kiaro on 149 points

CONGRATULATIONS to Lynne Elliott and Chaser on their NRD Title.

Novice P.M.
Judge: Penny Angel
11 entered, 7 finished

1st - Jeff Griffiths with Chip on 168 points
2nd - Lynne Elliott with Dancer on 163 points
3rd - Kerrie Armstrong with Quest on 160 points
4th - Claire Wade with Trouble on 150 points

Restricted
Judge: Paul Hamson
7 entered, 2 finished

1st - John Cauchie with Tango on 158 points
2nd - Steve Bath with Bodie on 129 points

Sunday
Restricted
Judge: Steve Bath
5 entered, 2 finished

1st - John Cauchie with Tango on 183 points
2nd - Ron Cooper with Tom on 141 points

All Age
Judge: Helena Cornelius
4 entered, 2 finished

1st - Jack Lynch with Tsu on 132 points
2nd - Paul Hamson with Archie on 122 points

RATG
Judge: Ray Temple
Novice - 3 entered, 1 finished

1st - Penny Angel with Stephanie on 79 points

Open - 8 entered, 4 finished

1st - Paul Hamson with Archie on 89 points
2nd - Lynne Elliott with Dancer on 86 points
3rd - Claire Wade with Trouble on 80 points
- Thomas Carlyle
PennyAngel

Re: WGC Inc Trial & RATG 18 & 19 October

Postby Lynne Elliott » Tue 21 Oct 2014 5:15 pm

A huge thankyou for Chaser's NRD to Joe Law for all his training expertise. Without his interest and help we wouldn't have made it I'm sure. Thanks also to Jeff Griffiths,Joe Vella, Jack Lynch, Wayne Outtrim and Dianna Cooper and everyone for all their encouragement and assistance. As a newby starting out with a Show Champion at over 4 years old I found everyone to be helpful, generous with their advice and time even when they thought I was not starting out with the "right" dog. I really enjoy gundog trialling and just wish I had known about 20-30 years ago. Such a wonderful sport. Thanks again trialling fraternity.
Lynne Elliott

Return to 2014