Retrieving Club of W.A. Linc Sullivan Memorial Cup All Age

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Retrieving Club of W.A. Linc Sullivan Memorial Cup All Age

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 08 Sep 2014 5:44 pm

This event is the final one on the schedule for the club for 2014. Our contracted judge Mr Rob Cooper was unable to attend and at very short notice, Mr Michael Mason (S.A.) agreed to travel to Perth for this prestigious event. Our thanks to Michael for doing this for the club. Also, during my thanks to everyone I missed out on one important person, and I do apologize sincerely for this. We have had this year a special trial secretary who has helped with all the paperwork from the trials, as well as taken entries during the year. This was Catherine Thorburn, and on behalf of the club and its members I wish to say a big thank you to Catherine for her willingness to help our club, and to say, we appreciated it immensely.

The Cup this year was held at the Lavender Farm near Toodyay, and luckily, we had a fine day. As well as our judge Michael, we had Rob Parslow as chief steward and what a wonderful job he did as always. Helping him in the field was Joyce Spencer, Alison and Peter Jennings, Louise Adams, Martyn Dickson and Dennis Graham. Catherine Thorburn also acted as gun steward during the day. To you all, our heartfelt thanks. You made the day so easy by being there to assist. Thanks also to Lynne Strang for setting up the trophy table and bringing so many items to the trial, and to Sandra Parslow for assisting in the lunches.

The results of the Cup are:

1st Place: R.T. Ch Truclass Ruff Diamond (Lab. Ret. dog) Kerry Webster 214 points

2nd Place: R.T. Ch Boomermagic Irish Spirit (Lab. Ret. bitch) Maggie Hankinson 207 points

3rd Place: R.T. Ch Mhadaidh Especially Hot CM (Golden Ret. bitch) Kerry Webster 206 points

4th Place: Boomermagic Trick or Treat AARD (Lab.Ret. bitch) Ann Graham 175 points

Best Veteran: R.T. Ch Truclass Ruff Diamond

Best Non R.T. Champion: Boomermagic Trick or Treat

Team Winners: Boomermagic Trick or Treat; Boomermagic Halloween Hero (Allan Bartram); Boomermagic Irish Spirit .
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to 2014