Gundog Club W.A. All Age Results - 19/7/09

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Gundog Club W.A. All Age Results - 19/7/09

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 20 Jul 2009 11:17 am

The Gundog Club held their final All Age Stake for the season at one of the few remaining sites available in the Perth metro area. Harper Street is notoriously tough on the dogs with hidden gullys, and logs, and deep kikuyu. Unfortunately some of the area has been fenced off for horses and it has now become difficult to conduct trials easily. This was evident when the route to the third run entailed actually lifting all the dogs over a very high fence, so a reasonably strong person was required on both sides, then, the handlers and stewards had to climb a ladder to cross over the fence. It was accomplished with ease, but, I don't think the dogs particularly enjoyed being handed over the fence. A miserable wet day stayed with us all day making very muddy conditions, but at least there was plenty of water for the water retrieve. Plenty of rabbit blinds including the dogs having to swim back with a heavy rabbit, challenged the competitors and it was pleasing to see so many dogs finish the trial.

Gundog Club of W.A.
Date 19th July 2009
Judge: Allan Bartram
Stake: All Age

Dogs Entered: 17
Starteed: 16
Finished: 10

1st: R.T. Ch Altiquin Glory (Imp Ire) CDX JDM ADX (Lab. Bitch) Maggie Hankinson 147 pnts

2nd: Grd R.T. Ch O Ch Altiquin Stern (Imp Ire) JDM ADM (Lab. Dog) Maggie Hankinson 145 pnts

3rd: R.T. Ch Glenregal Royal Lord CDX (Gold Dog) Dave Henderson 129 pnts

and in fourth place on 126 pnts Truclass The Swagman AARD and Kerry Webster.
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to 2009