Young Camping instructions for State & Natlional

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Young Camping instructions for State & Natlional

Postby Peter Butterfield » Tue 30 Aug 2016 1:03 pm

Here are instructions (as described to me) to help with Young Showgrounds arrivals. These instructions supersede any previous instructions.

Getting there
To find the showground, when travelling from the south along the Olympic Highway (A41), as you enter Young proper, turn Left into Main Street, then go straight through a big roundabout. Then at a second big roundabout, turn Right into Lovell Street and follow it straight for 2 kms. Halfway along the road becomes “Whiteman Ave”. On your left you will see large gates with blue signs for Young Harness Racing. Go in the gates and immediately turn Right and go around the back of the racecourse. Continue past the Arts Hall then turn Left at the big Pavilion and follow the road until you see caravans and an amenities area.
young-shogrd-150h.JPG
young-shogrd-150h.JPG (22.39 KiB) Viewed 1983 times

When you get there
Park somewhere until you are greeted by the Grounds Secretary PAT FLETCHER. Pat will relieve you of your camping fees* then set you up on a site and arrange your power (if you want it). If Pat doesn’t spot you (and I don’t think Pat misses much) then call her on her mobile 0455-141-801.

Failing that, find me and I will assist you (look for the Retrieving Australia caravan or call 0419-838-802). Note: Pat will not be available on Friday 2 Sept, so I will help with any camping arrivals that day.

Safe travelling folks. I look forward to seeing you there.

Regards
Peter Butterfield
* Fees are $20 per powered site or $5 un-powered per night.

P.S. If you want to let your dog out for a pee on arrival the exercise areas are behind the Arts Hall and on top of the hill.
Peter Butterfield
Board Admin

Return to 2016