VGC RT Saturday 23rd September BB with GRCV

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

VGC RT Saturday 23rd September BB with GRCV

Postby Sally Haynes » Sun 06 Aug 2017 2:46 pm

~VICTORIAN GUNDOG CLUB RETRIEVING TRIAL~

ENTRIES CLOSE: Wednesday 13th September 2017

RETRIEVING TRIAL FOR GUNDOGS SCHEDULE
To be held under the Rules and Regulation of the Victorian Canine Association Inc.
A copy may be inspected at the office of the Secretary of the fixture on the day of the trial.

(Affiliated with the Victorian Canine Association Inc.)

DATE: Saturday 23rd September 2017

TRIAL MANAGER: Sally Haynes, 03 9728 5687 or sjhaynes@me.com (email preferred)

Saturday 23rd September

Beginners: Mr Graeme Allen
Novice: Mr Trevor Stevens
Restricted: Mr Peter Doley

ENTRY FEES: including the DV levy and equipment fees

Stake: Members/Non Members

BEGINNERS: $15.00/$20.00
NOVICE: $15.00/$20.00
RESTRICTED: $20.00/$25.00

ENTRIES CLOSE: Wednesday 13th September 2017

Online with: https://www.easydogentries.com

Or with the Trial Secretary:

Sally Haynes
46 Inverness Rd
Kalorama VIC 3766
03 9728 5687 or sjhaynes@me.com (email preferred)

PLEASE NOTE: NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED

VETTING TIME: 07.00 a.m. – 07.30am
START TIME: 8.00am

TROPHY LIST: Trophy will be presented to all placegetters to third place.

DRAW: At Trial Secretary's residence, 8.00 p.m., Sunday 17th September 2017

SHOOTERS LICENCE: All competitors handling a gun must have in their possession a valid Shooter’s License.

TRIAL VENUES: Properties used for Trials are private properties and MUST NOT be revisited after the trial. Entry to Trials is subject to this Condition. No person is to use a vehicle on the trial site without approval from the Trial Manager.

NOTE: It is also a condition of entry that Competitors will assist with Stewarding on request and abide by the directives of the Trial Manager.

CATERING: There will be NO CATERING at this trial
Last edited by Sally Haynes on Wed 16 Aug 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sally Haynes

Re: VGC RT Saturday 23rd September BB with GRVC

Postby Sally Haynes » Sun 06 Aug 2017 2:48 pm

Please note that the VGC RT Sub-Committee has elected to hold a Beginners test along with Novice and Restricted rather than All Age as a large number of our AA members will be en route from the Nationals in WA.

Thanks in advance to our judges for being so flexible and to the Golden Club for offering to assist us with equipment. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
Sally Haynes

Re: VGC RT Saturday 23rd September BB with GRCV

Postby Sally Haynes » Fri 18 Aug 2017 3:31 pm

Please note that the schedule is not appearing on EasyDog for some reason although it was submitted 3 weeks ago. I am following this up.

Thanks for your patience.
Sally Haynes

Postby Sally Haynes » Mon 21 Aug 2017 12:09 pm

Just to note the schedule is up and running on EasyDogs now.

https://www.easydogentries.com/au
Sally Haynes

Postby Sally Haynes » Thu 14 Sep 2017 10:21 am

I am finalising entries which officially closed yesterday. If you are running late with your entry I suggest you contact me ASAP and utilise the online entry system. I have received paper entries from the following people:

L Wise
R Greaves
W Mossop
N Lacey
A Yeomans
S Luck
M Niewalda

If you have sent a paper entry and it is MISSING from the above list please email me ASAP sjhaynes@me.com

Many thanks

Sally.
Sally Haynes

Postby Sally Haynes » Sat 16 Sep 2017 7:16 pm

Trial Directions:

Travel 3.5km on the Goulburn Valley Highway from Yea to Seymour. Turn right into Ghin Ghin Rd.Travel down Ghin Ghin Rd for 8.3 km and turn right into Switzerland Rd. Do not via off road. Camp is at the end of the road.

Camping:

From 12pm Friday

Please note:

With the amount of rain in the region over the past few weeks, it is likely to be very wet underfoot. Take care when you are setting up camp and follow the directions of the Trial Manager as to where you drive your vehicles and exercise your dogs.

As I have a young litter of pups on the ground, I am unlikely to be in attendance on Saturday 23rd. However I will be at the trial site on Friday to assist judges as needed. Prue Winkfield has kindly agreed to step in as Trial Manager. Please offer your assistance wherever possible. We are nothing without our volunteers.
Sally Haynes

Postby Sally Haynes » Sun 24 Sep 2017 2:49 pm

~RESULTS~

BEGINNERS TEST 9 entries (1 scratching)
JUDGE: Mr Graeme Allen (South Australia)

1st place BEEREGAN RIVER RUNS DEEP Lab Bitch Ms S Henczel 113 pts
2nd place FREEZEPOINT DEAD BIRD MARLEY (AI) GSP Bitch Mr P Attard 107 pts
3rd place GOLDSTREEM AMAZING TRICKS GR Bitch Ms C .J. Sharman 102 pts
4th place MHADAIDH MEET ME AT THE ROXY QND GR Bitch Mrs S Lesniauskas 98 pts

NOVICE STAKE 18 entries (3 scratchings)
JUDGE: Mr Trevor Stevens

1st place WINTERSET BROKEN ARROW QND NRA GR Dog Mrs H Pownall 167 pts
2nd place BEEREEGAN MOUTIN ASH Lab Dog Mr T Palmer 157 pts
3rd place BIRDELHUND LUCKY EVA NRD Lab Bitch Mr W Mossop 153 pts
4th place WALGEERS HUNTA NRA ESS Dog Mr T Duff 150 pts

This was Helen's 3rd win for her dog's NRD Title. Congratulations!

RESTRICTED STAKE 11 entries (2 non-competing)
JUDGE: Mr Peter Doley

1st place HUNTOGUN BONNIE LASS (AI) RRD Lab Bitch K&N Eltringham 166 pts
2nd place ADDERSLOT YANKS WINK (AI) NRD Lab Bitch Mr D Furnell & Mrs V Furnell 163 pts
3rd place KUVEN SPIRIT OF THE JEWEL NRD Lab Bitch Mrs LM Wise 158 pts
4th place ADDERSLOT SNOW WHITE (AI) Lab Bitch Dr Andrew & Mrs Julie Cramond 154 pts
Last edited by Sally Haynes on Sun 24 Sep 2017 4:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sally Haynes

Postby Sally Haynes » Sun 24 Sep 2017 3:10 pm

Congratulations to all the placegetters from Victorian Gundog Club's Retrieving Trial on Saturday 23rd September 2017 - see the photos of presentations on our Facebook page, thanks to Lyn Wise: https://www.facebook.com/Victorian-Gundog-Club-Australia-151619924903725/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

The VGC RT sub-committee elected to hold a Beginners Test rather than an All Age stake as many of our AA members were still returning from the Nationals in WA. Thank you to all the competitors who supported this trial – when you turn out in such great numbers it really makes the effort worthwhile. There were plenty of people new to the sport and it was exciting to have a winner from Beginners at her very first retrieving trial! Congratulations!

This trial could not have gone ahead without the generosity of the Golden Retriever Club of Victoria Inc. who supplied the trial site, toilet, equipment and guns and offered help wherever possible, not to mention came to the rescue when we realised our primers weren't going to fit the inserts. Well picked up Graeme Allan! Phew!

We had a great representation of breeds entered: 14 Labs, 12 Goldens, 4 GSP, 2 Weims, 2 Weims (LH), 2 ESS & 1 HWV with 25 bitches and 12 dogs.

Thank you to our wonderful judges - Graeme, Trevor and Peter - who not only gave up their time and the chance to run their own dogs but who were also so flexible in working with our revised schedule. I had the pleasure of assisting them set their runs on Friday and I have to say it was a really enjoyable afternoon. My Dalmatian also LOVED flirting and running with their Golden Retriever girls!

On Saturday I stayed home to look after Em and her pups, so I would like to give a special shout out to Prue Winkfield for stepping in as Trial Manager for me. Prue also transported the pigeons (courtesy Rick Price - thank you!), the trophies and the paperwork as well as picking up the judges lunches. Thank you also to Lyn Wise for doing the catalogue once again as well as VCA rep, vetting, paperwork and photos, Christine Sharman for assisting with vetting and keeping an eye on the action in Novice and Dodo Kelly for doing such a cracking job at wrangling everyone at the Beginners Stake. Many hands make light work.

To the VGC committee who quietly get things done in the background, in particular...

Rachel Greaves (club secretary)
Mary Conheady (club treasurer)
Leanne Tormey (ordering sashes)

SEE YOU IN MARCH!
Sally Haynes

Return to 2017