Suggestion for Q & A link

Post questions about training here to draw on the collective knowledge of the bulletin board members!

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Suggestion for Q & A link

Postby Kerry Webster » Sat 21 Feb 2004 5:39 pm

This is directed mainly to Jason,

I was wondering if a specific link/page could be established on this site which dealt with Questions from handlers, especially novice, but also to include anyone who may have come up against a brick wall in their training and needs some answers, and, then Answers to the questions from "experienced" handlers/trainers within the member list.

If this could be kept purely to a Q & A page, without any personal conversation, or getting off subject, then I can see it being of enormous benefit to new and old trainers, and maybe also getting that input from the many handlers who have trained more than 3 or 4 dogs and been in the sport for more years than they care to admit to.

Just another way of helping keep people in retrieving by providing some backup for them.

What do you think ???

Kerry
Kerry Webster

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 23 Feb 2004 9:34 am

Hi Kerry

I am happy to set up an additional forum on the bulletin board for training questions, answers and related resources. Do others agree that it would be useful?

Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 23 Feb 2004 9:55 am

Jason - it is a great idea - similar to the US Forum but why does it need to be seperate or do you mean only as separate as the For Sale and Trial Schedule sections are? It would be great to have a training forum with no mention of e collars! Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 23 Feb 2004 10:18 am

Hi Prue

Yes, I just meant a seperate forum, like the "For Sale" and "Trial Schedules and Results".

Given that e-collars can be legally used in some states, I suspect your wish for an e-collar free discussion may be a bit ambitious, but it will be great to have discussion which doesn't rely on this particular training tool.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Mon 23 Feb 2004 11:13 am

I think it could be very useful, particularly for reference purposes.

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Brian McMillan » Mon 23 Feb 2004 9:44 pm

Sounds good to me; but I have no problem sifting through the gereral forum for Training Q&As and Tips.

Brian
Brian McMillan

Postby Kirsty Blair » Tue 24 Feb 2004 7:38 am

I think its a great idea. It would be easier for new (and old :wink: ) visitors to the site to jump into the Help Forum for some advice. I think some people have found the initial topics on the bulletin board a little bit intimidating so haven't joined in the discussion. This is changing now so hopefully we'll get some more of those "Guests" actively participating.

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 24 Feb 2004 10:33 am

I got 7 supporting votes, and none against, so have killed the poll and created the forum!

I have moved the obvious training related posts from the general forum to the new forum. If there are others which you think should be moved, please let me know.

Bring on the questions!

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to Training Q&A