Over Running Marks

Post questions about training here to draw on the collective knowledge of the bulletin board members!

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Postby Julie Cramond » Tue 09 Mar 2004 3:11 pm

Gee whiz,

Lovely interest in Jack Gwaltney's book. Take it from me, he will be absolutely thrilled.

By the telephone orders and the orders so far on this forum I will definitely need more books.

I have no idea of the costs, as I only ordered them yesterday. Plus I have asked Jack to send them via US post, on the quickest service available.

I also want to take this opportunity to state that this particular book speaks more on theory than "how to train". That being said it is one of my absolute favourites.
Julie Cramond

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 09 Mar 2004 3:21 pm

Julie - please keep a copy for me as well. Thanks Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Tue 09 Mar 2004 3:24 pm

It's the very fact that this book is more theoretical than practical for a change that is of particular interest to me Julie.:lol:

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 09 Mar 2004 3:28 pm

I am interested in the theory aspect as well, and judging from the material you have shared to date, I think it will be valuable.

For those asking about the cost, the book was selling from http://www.gundogsupply.com for $19.95US.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Tue 09 Mar 2004 3:36 pm

Preference will be given to those who video examples of Australian trials for the upcoming Eckett seminar.

hehehehehehe. I need your help.

Only kidding, sorta, but I DO NEED SOME EXAMPLES PLEeeeASE.
Julie Cramond

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 09 Mar 2004 3:50 pm

Julie

I sat behind the pegs and taped Geoff Cole running Ruff and Touch for the last time at the NSW championships last year. I suspect much of it will look a bit like the Blair Witch project (particularly Jack Lynch's multiple relocation run), but some of it may be useful for Bill. I will give Geoff a call and see if I can get a copy.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Tue 09 Mar 2004 3:59 pm

Thanks Jason and Teresa.

I feel guilty now, by my bribe (threat).

I am no angel, just trying to help.

I wish I knew back when I was training Cracker, what I THINK I know now. It is just, such, a very exciting time for me with all this new knowledge in training.

I have taken my video camera to the trials in Victoria with me, but with running multiple dogs have had no chance to tape anything. I may try and give someone else my video at the next trial.
Julie Cramond

Postby Kirsty Blair » Tue 09 Mar 2004 8:09 pm

Hi Julie,

Yes please, book for me!

Also, I am happy to video for you at the Lab Club trial on the 27th if you need someone. I'm only running one maniac dog so should have enough time :D

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Brian McMillan » Thu 11 Mar 2004 10:22 pm

Hi all;

If anyone has a spare video of one of your trials, I would love to have a copy. One run would be good, but several would be better. You can email me or pm me and we can work out the details. Maybe we can work out a trade; one of my videos for one of yours.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian McMillan

Previous

Return to Training Q&A