New pup - Getting everything right

Post questions about training here to draw on the collective knowledge of the bulletin board members!

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

New pup - Getting everything right

Postby Con Chrys » Wed 10 Nov 2004 4:53 pm

Guys and Gals,
Finally after an agonising 18 month wait, my Brittany pup is finally on the ground and growing bigger every day. She's just 3 weeks at the moment but I'm already planning her career, in my mind we've already staunchly pointed a hundred quail, retrieved quite a few ducks, her Australian conformation title is in the bag and we're working on the trialling! :shock: But seriously, any suggestions on getting her started right? The Brit in the backyard has already taught me that this breed needs to be treated with absolute kid gloves. What "games" do you play with your pup to get them up and away on the right steps, before the "real" training begins?
Cheers...
Con Chrys
Con Chrys

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 10 Nov 2004 8:35 pm

Con - where do you live?
Prue Winkfield

Postby Con Chrys » Thu 11 Nov 2004 4:36 am

Prue,
I'm in Benalla but will relocate towards Kyabram in the next 3 months. Cheers...
Con
Con Chrys

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 11 Nov 2004 7:55 am

Con - the Brittany (Clud L'Epagneul) is holding a two day retrieving trial at Negambie this weekend and you might like to come for a look. Several people from this forum will be there competing and you will get lots of advice - which will inevitably confuse you :lol: You can get contact numbers for directions from the Trial section of this forum but it is just off the Negambie Heathcote Road so not far for you to come. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Con Chrys » Thu 11 Nov 2004 12:14 pm

Prue,
Yep will be there on Saturday but can't make it for Sunday. Looking forward to watching and learning.
Cheers...
Con
Con Chrys

Return to Training Q&A