Retriever Trial Rules?

Post questions about training here to draw on the collective knowledge of the bulletin board members!

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Retriever Trial Rules?

Postby FOM - Lainee » Tue 29 Mar 2005 7:57 am

Can someone post a link to your rules and regs for retriever trials??

Do you have Hunt tests and trials like we do in the US or just trials?

FOM
FOM - Lainee

Postby Graeme Parkinson » Tue 29 Mar 2005 10:27 pm

We don't have a link to the official rules on any of our websites :oops: I don't fully understand the reason but it has been the subject of some debate but so far our controlling body has declined to make them available on the web (this way they are sure we will all have to buy a copy). If you care to send me your mailing address (graemeparkinson@bigpond.com) I will send you a rule book.

We only have trials (which I am told are somewhat different to those held in Canada and the USA), there are no passes or qualifications given other than those given for winning or placing.
GraemeP
Graeme Parkinson

Postby FOM - Lainee » Wed 30 Mar 2005 4:12 am

Graeme Parkinson wrote:We don't have a link to the official rules on any of our websites :oops: I don't fully understand the reason but it has been the subject of some debate but so far our controlling body has declined to make them available on the web (this way they are sure we will all have to buy a copy). If you care to send me your mailing address (graemeparkinson@bigpond.com) I will send you a rule book.

We only have trials (which I am told are somewhat different to those held in Canada and the USA), there are no passes or qualifications given other than those given for winning or placing.

Thanks! That's too bad they do not post them, how can I learn how you do things over there?! :wink: Its all good....

Are there any web sites worth looking at that provide info about your trials? Pictures of setups? Just general stuff?

Thanks,

Lainee, Flash and Bullet
FOM - Lainee

Tials Down Under

Postby Robert Tawton » Wed 30 Mar 2005 3:52 pm

Hi Lainee,

In the Articles/Arehives Section of this website you will find an article entitled "Retrieving Trials in Australia" which I hope will provide you with an insight into the scene down under.

Kindest regards, RWT
Robert Tawton

Return to Training Q&A