Utilty Field Trial Results FRA QLD

For discussion related to spaniel and retriever, pointer and setter, and utility field trials

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Utilty Field Trial Results FRA QLD

Postby Wendy Michalk » Sun 24 Jul 2011 4:46 pm

FRA QLD held a Utility Field Trial (modified) in the Dallarnel area south of Bundaberg.
Despite hot conditions & very little wind to help the dogs, in rugged hilly terrain, with in places heavy cover the dogs managed to perform creditably.
Thanks to Ron Wakem who travelled up to judge for us this weekend.
6 dogs were entered both days All GSP'S

RESULTS; NOVICE
SATURDAY 23RD JULY 2011
NOVICE; JUDGE; RON WAKEM(nsw)
1st ; D Colasimone with RTCh Jagacey Nero Bianco. GSP D
2nd; E.Colasimone with Yorifeld Quartz (Messi). GSP D
3rd; W.Michalk with Jagacey Nugget Moon GSP D

SUNDAY 24TH JULY 2011
OPEN; JUDGE RON WAKEM (NSW)
1st; D.Colasimone with RTCH Nero Bianco
2nd; E.Colasimone with Yorifeld Topaz (Shiraz). GSP B
3rd; E.Colasimone with Yorifeld Quartz (Messi). GSP D

Congratulations to Dom & Nero for achieving Nero's Field Trial Champion title. Congratulations to Elio & Shiraz also for achieving Shiraz's Field Trial Champion title after her 2nd in Victorian State Championship.
Last edited by Wendy Michalk on Wed 27 Jul 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wendy Michalk

Re: Utilty Field Trial Results FRA QLD

Postby Prue Winkfield » Sun 24 Jul 2011 5:40 pm

Well done Wendy coming 3rd - the ladies are certainly holding their own especially as you are really up against it with the brothers C :P
Also, special congratulations Dom - the first dual champion (field/Retrieving) in Queensland for quite some time I believe.
Prue Winkfield

Postby Wendy Michalk » Mon 25 Jul 2011 8:48 am

Thanks Prue yes the brothers are something to chase. Yes Doms achievement is great we missed a whole generation (of dogs)with Field titles because of bad seasons & no trials . These modified trials have certainly helped & I'd like to think Elio may have helped people to think twice about our standard after his 2nd in Victoria state .
cheers Wendy
Wendy Michalk

Postby Don Nicol » Mon 25 Jul 2011 5:47 pm

Hi Wendy,
To any doubter who questions the standards of UD Field trials in Queensland I would simply invite them to come and compete .Henceforth I will have a standing prize of a bottle of the best Scottish Malt whisky to any southern (ie south of the Qld border) competitor who places 1st or 2nd in a Qld. trial.
ciao, Don
Don Nicol

Postby Wendy Michalk » Tue 26 Jul 2011 9:31 am

Hi Lara ,if there is a problem I will repost for you
In refernce to Don's challenge,
For anyone who would like to enter a trial this year. Our last possible trial would be 20th & 21st August 2011 . If numbers are sufficient, we could accomodate the southerners & hold it nearer the boarder
cheers Wendy
Wendy Michalk

Postby Lara Sedgmen » Tue 26 Jul 2011 10:27 am

Wendy, yes, please repost!
Lara Sedgmen

Postby Gareth Tawton » Wed 27 Jul 2011 12:48 pm

Don,
Having enjoyed a wonderful season on the quail this year in Victoria, admittedly over a lab. Are you willing to extend your offer to next year in case I can upgrade my quail dog to a GSP??

I think you will find a couple of new kids on the block from the Bendigo area will be pretty serious competitors next year. They are certainly training hard now.

From a relative outsiders point of view it seems the recent rule changes to allow non shooting trials has reinvigorated the sport around the country. Surely that has to be a good thing.

Gareth.
Gareth Tawton

Postby Alan Donovan » Fri 29 Jul 2011 6:24 pm

Hi Folks

Send all your entries for the last 2 Field and Retrieving Association utility field trials in Qld this year to me:

A. Donovan
PO Box 197
Samford
Qld 4520

$25 per dog per day.

August 20th and 21st

Ring me on 07 3289 7006

Not "non-shooting" trials as game that can be shot can be shot - eg rabbits or hares

Pity the bottle of malt from Don is only for folk from South of the Border

Cheers
Alan
Alan Donovan

Return to Field Trials