photos from the GSP trial 24,25 Jan

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

photos from the GSP trial 24,25 Jan

Postby Chris, Jac Van Eekelen » Tue 27 Jan 2009 3:45 pm

G'day guys here are a few pics I snaped of the All Age on the weekend what a turn out !!!
Thought I was running at the Nationals 29-34 dogs in the field!! :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris, Jac Van Eekelen

Re: photos from the GSP trial 24,25 Jan

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 27 Jan 2009 4:46 pm

Excellent pics once again Chris. I particularly like the second last one of the lab in the tussocks. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Kerry Webster » Wed 28 Jan 2009 5:03 pm

Great photos as usual Chris. Looking forward to plenty of pics in the coming season.

I don't know if you guys on the Eastern border realise just how lucky you are. Here we are late January and your season has begun, with only a short break in between the trials from 2008. I did a rough count of the trials available to compete in and I think it averaged out at 21 trials in Victoria and Qld, with NSW having their trials in between. Also the trip across to Tassie is a quick one to take advantage of their trials, and a six hour trip to S.A. is all it takes to compete in their trials. In comparison we have 12 AA trials here, plus our State Champs, and, we start at Easter and finish mid September, so virtually 7 months of the year is spent just training and sitting around. The Novice and Restricted is much the same in number of trials here, spread again over the winter months.

It would be nice if we could extend our season past September as the weather is usually quite reasonable until November, but pigs will fly before that happens, and although most of us enjoy a bit of a break from dog trialing, seven months is an awfully long time that your dog is out of the real type competition that we train for. If you think of it, starting a dog in trials at 2 yrs of age and competing till they are 12 yrs, the dog actually competes for less than 5 years of its life !! That's not taking out the times they are in season :lol:
OMG.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Roz Buckley » Sun 01 Feb 2009 5:00 pm

Great pics Chris. Especially the Wei. Bet it makes you feel like changing back to the better breed.
:) Roz
Roz Buckley

Return to General