Moderator: Peter Butterfield

GRCV and GSP Ret Trial Feb/March 2009

Postby Peter Doley » Wed 03 Dec 2008 10:22 pm

ENTRIES CLOSE FRIDAY 20th FEBRUARY 2009
THE GOLDEN RETRIEVER CLUB OF VICTORIA
RETRIEVING TRIAL FOR GUNDOGS
SATURDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2009

TRIAL MANAGERS: Trever Stevens Ph 98792238 Peter Doley Ph 99741648

LOCATION: Tahbilk Winery (Nagambie)Confirm with the Trial Manager during the week prior to Trial.

JUDGES: Saturday 28th February
All Age Mr. G. Tawton
Restricted Mr. .R. Kennon
Novice Mrs. M. Hall
ENTRY FEES
(Includes Equipment fee & VCA Levy)
All Age $20.00
Restricted $18.00
Novice $16.00

Equipment fee has already been included in entry fee:
All Age $8.50 Restricted $6.50 Novice/ Beginners $3.50
MEMBERS- DEDUCT $3-50 /ENTRY

ENTRIES TO:
Trial Secretary H.Pownall 19 Lansell Rd.Werribee 3030 Ph 9731 0884
VETTING: 7.00-7.30am.

TRIAL COMMENCES: 8.00am. All Age, Restricted and Novice

CATERING: Light catering for Lunch

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY All competitors handling a gun must produce a Shooter’s License for inspection at vetting. That you abide by the directives of the Trial Manager. No person is to use a vehicle on the trial site without Approval from the Manager.
Last edited by Peter Doley on Mon 16 Feb 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Doley

Re: GRCV and GSP Ret Trial Feb/March 2009

Postby Diane McCann » Wed 31 Dec 2008 8:46 am

Here is the schedule for the GSP trial to be held on Sunday 1st March after the Golden trial

Sunday March 1 2009
Novice Mr E Dell $12 & $15
Restricted Mr M Davis $15 & $18
All Age Mr J Hargreaves $18 & $21

Entries close Friday the 20th of February with Vicki Thomas, PO Box 70, Nar Nar Goon, 3812

Tria Manager Prue Winkfield 53687264 0418127811

Vetting 7.00 - 7.30 trial commencing at 8.00am

Location - This trial will be held at Chateau Tahbilk, Nagambie

Catering - Lunch and drinks will be available for purchase

Camping- Camping is available on site
Last edited by Diane McCann on Tue 17 Feb 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Peter Doley » Mon 16 Feb 2009 4:40 pm

Just to update . Camp site is to be the same spot as last year. Turn in at the stockyards and camp all the top .
We are also be requesting if you must smoke that ALL cigarette smoking is to only take place inside your Vehicle while on the property. ALL Ash and Butts are to stay inside the Vehicle and to be butted in a container of Water.
Peter Doley

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 19 Feb 2009 8:40 am

There will be a special effort raffle over the two days for Faye and Mal Park. A hand crafted knife donated by John Kilby will be first prize plus other goodies to be raffled so please come prepared!
Prue Winkfield

Postby Colleen Davis » Thu 19 Feb 2009 12:21 pm

Any chance of getting some more detailed directions for people who have not been to this trial site before?
Colleen Davis

Postby Garrick Bridges » Fri 20 Feb 2009 3:23 am

Hi Colleen,
I did a search on this site for 'Tahbilk' but didn't have any luck finding directions, which is peculiar because I thought Gareth Tawton had given directions on how to get to the trial site in the past.

I'm lousy at giving directions so I won't risk getting you lost with poor instructions but I have been to the trial site a few times and if you wanted to meet somewhere in Nagambie on Friday afternoon you could follow me out to the site.

I would probably be in Nagambie late afternoon/early evening. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Garrick
Garrick Bridges

Postby Colleen Davis » Fri 20 Feb 2009 7:33 am

Thanks Garrick
Tony is driving down and should be there Friday afternoon but I am Flying down to Melbourne Friday night and will get there quite late.
Am hoping someone can post good enough directions that I can get there in the dark without getting too lost.
Rgds
Colleen
Colleen Davis

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 20 Feb 2009 2:28 pm

Colleen - I am hopeless at directions but will give it a try. From the airport take the Hume Highway. Keep going until you see a sign off to Shepparton (it may mention Negambie as well). This is probably about an hour from Melbourne and should be on any good road map.
Drive into Nagambie and you will see a petrol station with a road signed to Heathcote on your left. Drive down there, over a bridge and you should see a road on your left with Tahbilk on it.
Drive down there and keep going until you get into the Tahbilk property. You will see cattle yards on your left with a gate- this leads to the camping ground. It is quite easy to find in daylight but not so sure in the dark! I am staying in a cabin in Seymour which is about 20 mins from the trial site and very easy to find so if you would like to bunk in there Friday night let me know. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Colleen Davis » Mon 23 Feb 2009 7:46 am

Prue
Thankyou for the directions, if worst comes to worst I will have to get Tony to meet me somewhere and follow him in to the property.
Also thankyou for your kind offer of accommodation. Tony will have my nice comfy camper all set up so hopefully I can find the camp without too much trouble.
Colleen
Colleen Davis

Postby Paula Davidson » Mon 23 Feb 2009 11:57 am

I would like to come to watch, if I may, but didn't find the last site that I tried to find at Yea, so i'm feeling a bit nervous about the directions. Is there an actual address available, perhaps the name of the road and a number? My GPS (NB not GSP)is more likely to be able to find it than me.
kind regards,
Paula Davidson
Cheers
Paula
Paula Davidson

Postby Leanne O'Sullivan » Mon 23 Feb 2009 3:36 pm

Hi Colleen & Paula

It looks like all of us that have been to this property so many times are very vague at actually spelling out how to get there. It might be best to give either the Trial Manager or Trial Secretary from either club a call to make sure you get the correct details.

See you both there (hopefully the weather will be kind to us but so far it's looking hot).

Leanne
Leanne O'Sullivan

Postby Peter Doley » Tue 24 Feb 2009 6:24 pm

Directions To Tahbilk Winery.

Travelling up the Hume Highway from Melbourne after the first exit to Seymour take the exit to the Goulburn Valley Highway (To Shepparton). Stay on this road until you reach Nagambie . In Nagambie turn left at the United Service Station into Vickers road (Heathcote -Nagambie road) . Travel down this road a couple of Klms and turn left before the bridge(Do not go over bridge ) at the brown and white tourist sign that is Tahbilk Winery . Follow road and Tahbilk signs until you reach Cattle yards and Red and white "Dog " signs. Turn left and follow track to camp site.

Good luck.
Peter Doley

Postby Carlo Iacobucci » Tue 24 Feb 2009 7:30 pm

Tried to post a google map but god only knows where it ended up,certainly not here lol.
further to prters instruction,from vickers lane before the bridge turn LEFT into MIller rd. and a little further on turn RIGHT into ONEILS rd.which in turn becomes MULBERRY dv.that goes all the way to the winery.The camp site is on the left and the vans should be visrble from the road. Hope this helps.
Carlo Iacobucci

Return to 2009